Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In 2003 Dr. Gerard Lippert and Bruno Sapy published this paper entitled Relationship Between the Domestic Dogs' Well-Being and Life Expectancy Statistical Analysis. This paper presents the findings of their analysis of data collected from comprehensive questionaires regarding lifestyle and morbidity information collected from the owners of over 500 domestic canine companions in Belgium households. The interesting aspect of this study is that it deals with animals who lived in a normal household environment, not in a laboratory or reseach kennel. The findings of this study present convincing evidence of the importance of an appropriate natural diet on health and longevity. Statistical analysis of data from the study showed that animals eating a more species appropriate diet lived almost 3-years longer than pets eating commercial pet food products. This easy to read report is highly recommended.

To see the study click on the 3rd link down: (Lippert-Sapy Study)
Web Links

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Great link Heather!!! Thanks for posting! 3 years is a lot. :)

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
My first chi lived to be 22 and was fed the cheapest food available as that is all we could afford and I was not educated on good food, and I was to young to think about it at the time. I wonder how long he would have lived if he had good food or a raw diet

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Encouraging... that's why I switched to raw, I'm convinced Lua must live forever. =D Or, at least my whole lifespan.. lol...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts