Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A question before I take Bella to the Vet......She pooped today and there was a yellowish goo that cam out too.....could it be the runs or something else? It was like a thick discharge, but there were full size hard terds with it too. :shock: Sorry to sound graphic :oops:

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Cherie, what you are seeing is mucus discharge that is from the intestinal wall. The body produces extra mucus when there is gastrointestinal upset, from stress, food change, parasites, or other sickness. This mucus is often excreted with the stool as a "yellowish" gelatinous substance. If you continue to see it, or it is accompanied by diarrhea consult your veterinarian. An isolated incident is nothing to worry about, but as always, better to be safe than sorry.

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
i've noticed that with cosmo too !! i've seen it a few times......he's dewormed every month , so i thought it had something to do with the fact that his anal sac doesn't empty itself :?
thanks for the great advice

kisses nat

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks so much for your advice.....I have been watching her, and it only happened once (Thank god!) It must have been to do with her food, because I switched her from Nutrience to the Science diet. Thanks Again :wink:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts