Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that by standards, there only two subtypes of the Chihauhua breed: Short coat and long coat. However I am confused by how different they look to others.

Some apple heads are much more prominent. Some noses are longer.. some are incredibly shorter. Some chi's eyes are more "buggy" - some are smaller and more baby like. Some have a more broad build.. some are more tiny. Why the so many differences??

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Basically breeding.............short and sweet. That is why puppymills are frowned upon. Take the best of the best in all areas and breed. then you keep the breed pure and "standardized"

Take my boy for instance -- he has really bad teeth and has no adult teeth in some areas--he is the result of back yard breeders. Just to give you an example. Poorly bred dogs will have more health issues and may not "look" as good as others.....thats my take on it maybe some of the breeders here can add more or correct me :D

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
re:

Ah, thanks!

30 Posts
Also one more thing...just as we humans have different features, so do Chihuahua's! The breed standard is the best of the best, but there can be variations and still be considered a pure Chi. :wave:

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
ABSOLUTELY!!!! :D

I know who u are..........be careful with your answers! :wink: :wink: you might give yourself away!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts