Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I now have Chloe eating red meat, including beef, and all it took was yoghurt!

I started giving her the plain natural yoghurt because of her gas issues and she absolutely loved it so last night when she ate all the egg and chicken from her meal and left the beef completely untouched I tried adding just enough yoghurt to coat the meat and SUCCESS - she ate it all! Repeat performance this morning, down the hatch without an issue.

I will have to make sure there is no bowl swapping from now on though because the yoghurt goes straight through Axle :(

I'm going to try and tempt her with organ meat tonight using this method so fingers crossed.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
I have been guilty of using canned cat food to get Brody to eat something he doesn't like. Or tripe. Tripe makes everything yummy. LOL.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The yoghurt didn't work for the organ meal, she just licked it off. Then I made an organ omelette for her. She picked out most of the egg and left the organs but she inhaled it so fast that then she threw up :( this girl is trying me. I'm keeping a good grain free kibble available for her because I'm worried about her getting balanced nutrition, she's not super interested in it but she will play with a couple and eventually eat them so hopefully that is doing something for her. I will buy some chicken mince at the supermarket tomorrow and give that a try for hiding the organs in. So frustrating!

·
Registered
801 Posts
I have been guilty of using canned cat food to get Brody to eat something he doesn't like. Or tripe. Tripe makes everything yummy. LOL.
That's so funny about the cat food lol!

Mimi is just the opposite, I have to hide pumpkin
inside of whatever meat she is eating or she will just
take a lick or two and leave it on her plate. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
946 Posts
The yoghurt didn't work for the organ meal, she just licked it off. Then I made an organ omelette for her. She picked out most of the egg and left the organs but she inhaled it so fast that then she threw up :( this girl is trying me. I'm keeping a good grain free kibble available for her because I'm worried about her getting balanced nutrition, she's not super interested in it but she will play with a couple and eventually eat them so hopefully that is doing something for her. I will buy some chicken mince at the supermarket tomorrow and give that a try for hiding the organs in. So frustrating!
Try mincing the liver really fine or grinding it up and mixing with a ground meat. That's how I got my picky one to eat it. And try just a wee bit at a time of the organ meat. It is rich. Hang in there! :)

·
Registered
801 Posts
How is Chloe doing ? Is she still eating her meat ala yogurt ?

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for checking in on us Christa - you're a sweetie :)

Chloe would do red meat in the yoghurt but still not the liver and kidneys. I decided to order some ZP since I was worried she had gone 6 weeks without complete and balanced nutrition (not that the canned food from the breeder was that but you know what I mean).

She absolutely loves her ZP, especially slurping up the liquid in the bottom of the bowl. She has straight ZP for breakfast and then a raw meal with ZP as a topper since that encourages her to eat it when it's not chicken. Ax loves it too (not surprising since he is obsessed with food) so it's a hit in our house. I balked at the price but I was desperate to get her to eat properly. Now I have seen how little you feed and since i'm only feeding it for one meal a day the price is no longer an issue for me. I could be selling it from this glowing review couldn't I? maybe then i'd get a discount!

Anyway, i'm very happy now that our little princess has found something she loves to eat that's good for her :)

·
Registered
801 Posts
Sarah,

Your post had me cracking up lol! I think you could become the
new ZP spokeswoman and Chloe could be the model :D !

I'm glad to hear you've found something that works for her,
she is such an adorable little girl and I know it was stressful
worrying about her food intake.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts