Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After dropping off the found dog into the bathroom at home, I went to the store. When I got home, Xena had attacked Lexxi really bad. Xena has always had bad problems with aggression, attacking the other dogs, but never really hurting them. Well, this time she went too far. Lexxi has numerous bites and scrapes all over her. The vet has her on antibiotics, pain meds and warm compresses trying to not have to put drains in her.

Xena is no longer with us. I had tried to rehome her before but she was a one person dog and a fear biter. Everytime she saw Lexxi after the attack, she tried to attack her again. I think the reason she was so aggressive is she was born in the county pound and lived in that awful environment for 4 months until I adopted her. I gave her the best life I could, poor little girl. She will be so missed.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I'm so sorry, Pam. :( That is a hard decision and I'm sure you were at your wit's end. I'm so sorry about Lexxi. Sounds like Xena may have gotten threatened by the found dog being there. Who knows really. I hope Xena finds a great one dog home soon. (((hugs)))

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
Oh Pam I am so sorry, poor little Lexxi........Please keep us posted on her. Prayers for a speedy recovery

·
Registered
236 Posts
I am so sorry to hear this, it is awful to have to make a decision like that, but I know you have done the right thing for the safety of your little pack.

I hope poor little Lexxi recovers quickly.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thank you for the good thoughts for Lexxi. She is doing good, no swelling or heat at the bite wounds. She was even playing a little last night. The pain meds help, I can tell when they start to wear off.

You never knew what would trigger Xena to attack. She could be just walking next to one of the dogs and, suddenly, she would have them rolled over and on top of them, snarling and mouthing them. Lexxi is top girl so never backed down until she paid the price. Xena was also much bigger than the rest, weighing in at 12 pounds of compact muscle. But I do miss her.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts