Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just looking for opinions On this, Sugar is almost 7 months now and was fully house trained almost as soon as I got her at 13 wks. She had NEVER once toileted at night in her crate from the day I got her until the last 2 nights. She did a poo and wee the first night and just a poo last night in her crate. This is SO unusual for her, as I say she's never done it before. Don't get me wrong it's not a huge problem as she still doesn't toilet in the house, during the day her toilet habits are still normal, but I'm wondering whats changed her toilet routine at night and could it mean she's unwell in any way?? I took her out last night as i do every night before bed and she did a poo then and still went in her crate during the night. The only thing that's been different the last 2 days has been she has spent more time in the back garden where there is grass, as the weathers been so good, would eating grass make her poo more? Any thoughts much appreciated thanks.

·
Banned
5,610 Posts
Does she get fed at specific times, or do you free feed? Just curious if maybe she's eating at a different time, and just can't hold it. We had a dog that ate grass like a cow. He did have some non-life-threatening health issues. Apparently it can be totally normal behaviour, but can be a sign of a nutritional deficiency. Her poops seem the same to you, just in the wrong spot? Hopefully someone has gone through this and give you some insight!

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does she get fed at specific times, or do you free feed? Just curious if maybe she's eating at a different time, and just can't hold it. We had a dog that ate grass like a cow. He did have some non-life-threatening health issues. Apparently it can be totally normal behaviour, but can be a sign of a nutritional deficiency. Her poops seem the same to you, just in the wrong spot? Hopefully someone has gone through this and give you some insight!
Actually I'm out with her at the moment and she's just done a really runny poo ( sorry for being gross lol), but the ones she did in her crate were normal solid ones. And yes I free feed so she just eats when she wants but hasn't ate much today actually. I think she might be ill??

·
Banned
5,610 Posts
A change in bathroom habits, and a lack of appetite does sound like something's going on. Can you call your vet and arrange to bring a stool sample by to run tests on? Might be worth describing her symptoms and just see what they have to say, too.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A change in bathroom habits, and a lack of appetite does sound like something's going on. Can you call your vet and arrange to bring a stool sample by to run tests on? Might be worth describing her symptoms and just see what they have to say, too.
Ye I agree, it doesn't look good, tho she seems fine otherwise I am a bit worried now after that runny stool. I wonder would there hav been anything bad she's swallowed from the back garden? Hope she's ok.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts