Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
zoey is driving me COMPLETELY nuts. i just moved back home from college and i guess zoey is not happy with me.

she has been totally potty trained since she was probably about 5 months old (maybe sooner, i can't remember) & has had very few accidents since then. all of a sudden, since we've been home she has been having daily accidents. she has been here at this house before (we have long christmas breaks at my college for 2 months) so she knows the house and definitely knows where her potty pad is kept. sometimes she will go just next to the potty pad and sometimes she will go clear across the room. other times she is perfect and goes both #1 and #2 on the pad.

what do i do? i am really upset that she has all of a sudden forgotten how to use her potty pad! :evil:

·
Registered
936 Posts
Hmmm...I don't know why that is happening. I'm pretty sure people on here will have advice, but I guess all I can say is maybe restart the potty training process? At least that's what I would do, just keep that eye on her. I hope you the best of luck.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Gadget was all most totally potty trained and then we moved our queen bed out and rearranged our room and put our ling bed in and he started peeing everywhere.. and on top of that he started peeing outside and he goes where ever he wants to out there... and then he will come in and go every where in here.. so I took out all but one potty pad and now he is goign int he bathroom adn outside.. this is new this week so we are like starting all over again... but he is doing good...

I would confine her for a while until she gets the hang of it again.. maybe she isn't liking where the pottty pad is..

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it's just so odd. she was doing so well... for like 6 months!! no accidents except when she was sick and couldn't hold it.

i guess we will have to start the training all over again. i'm just not used to constantly watching her anymore. i will also try to move the pad to where it was last time she was here. thanks for the tip! :)

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
she's lost all of her teeth-- she's more than a year old. she isn't teething anymore.

this is a mystery to me...

·
Registered
277 Posts
Are you sure she doesn't have a UTI infection? Otherwise, its not uncommon for a younger dog to regress in its potty training. Like the terrible 2's in children, dogs go through a similar stage. It could also be the distruption in her surroundings that has her confused. If she's medically ok then you just need to start again with the training and she'll pick right back up on it if your consistent.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i'm not sure that she doesn't have a UTI. how can i tell if she does? she doesn't only pee off her pad but she also poops off her pad-- sometimes just beside it. sometimes in a completely wrong spot.

it definitely might be a change in surroundings that has her confused. it's just that last time i was home i was here for 3 months and she had no accidents. this was about 6 months ago....

i will be beginning her potty training all over again i suppose.. :?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts