Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
He is adorable!! Have you seen both parents? He does look a little on the big side:confused: Im sure others here can offer a more "professional" opinion on whether or not he looks full chi :) Congrats on the new addition!!

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
He's not 6 weeks yet and he's already about 6-7 pounds! He's definitely a mix, I'd say! A 6 week old chi is going to weigh about a pound or so. Look how big he is next to the lady holding him! Most 6 week old Chi's can just about fit in your hand. Have you seen the parents? This is going to be BIG BOY! :)

Edit: here's a pic of Brody and my husband holding him. He's right at 5 pounds. As you can tell from the pics you posted, that 6 week old puppy is already his size and probably bigger. (He looks really pudgy and wide across the chest).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah seen both parents his mum was a smooth coat and his dad was a long hair but they looked bigger then ur average size chi iasked see if he wud grow that big and they said she dont know because she as had some tea cups

but his face to me seems not be a chi but everyone keeps telling me its cus hes soo young so got plenty of time to change x

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Do you prefer people names or traditional pet names?

He is precious-and big! My baby weighed 1 lb. 7 oz. at 9 weeks when we got her and took her to our vet for puppy check up. She is 11.5 weeks now and not much bigger.

My boy was 5.5 pounds at adult.

Congratulations and here's to cuddling!!

eta: Just saw Brody's photo and he is BEAUTIFUL (in a tough, guy kind of way, of course)! Is he considered black and tan?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
aww he is gorgous

yeah can tell the first picture i am holding him but the secnd picture my 3 year old daughter is holding him so he must be big

also another thing sorry for all the questions on his papers he says hes silver????

really beginning to feel these papers r fake

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
He is very cute, but definitely not a purebred. His head almost looks like cockerish. I would say your guy is going to be at least 15-20# if not more.

·
Registered
912 Posts
I agree with the others before, in that he is most likely a mix, definitely going to be over 10lbs. Just not to standard, but boy is he a cute puppy! :)

Also, in the second picture the OP has in her post, it appears to be a child holding the puppy, which would account for SOME size differences there. :) (The hand looks a little "chubbers" and the jeans definitely have some glittery decal on the leg... NOT saying women over the age of 25 cannot wear jeans with glittery decals ;))

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
He's massive for a 6. Week old pup if you look at him compared to the persons hands a 6 week old will fit in that hand!!

Edit: just read darcies comment should fit in both hands of a 8-10 year old child lol darcie any one over the age of 12 shouldn't wear jeans like those lol

He may have a little chi in him may not have any. Have you seen the parents??? Didn't see where you put it's weight but if this dog is 6lb at 6 weeks I'd place money it has like 1/100 of a chi In it :)

Sweet pup tho

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Aw how cute is that face? I think it's pretty clear he's mixed if he's that size at that age..... but no matter what he's still adorable! I love those little ears lol Wish I could help ya more with the names.....

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
I have to agree that I don't see much chi at all either. I mean...my 2 that are under 4 lbs as adults are much smaller than that puppy is at 6 weeks.

Did they tell you he was purebred? You can get a nice, purebred pup for around $500-$600.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
AWWWW NANA!

This is Bryco @ 11 weeks/1 lb.

Just so you can see how small that really is :) Your little fella looks quite a bit bigger.

Anyway, as long as you know he will be in the 15+ lb range as an adult most likely and are OK with that, he's cute!

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
Awww he is a cutie!!
He is a bit bigger yeah, but if you love him and are not bothered by sizes, that is what matters.
I love his colouring and sweet wee face!
My mind has gone blank for a name right now, but am sure something fitting will come to you. xx

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
I don't know what breed he is but he is so sweet. He looks like a stuffy-toy from Build a Bear.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
either way he is a cutie :) , but to me he does look older for 6 weeks i would have thought at least 8 weeks , maybe date has been mixed up on his papers .

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
forgot names lol and also forgot to add his colouring looks like a sable .

because he looks like a big boy lol
Booka , Bam , Tonka , Moby , Thor , Zues , Jedi , Ruger

and just some other names
Peppy ,Chester , Quinn , Benson

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hi all

yeah not botherd what he is as i have fell in love with him, just made me mad that i payed for pedigree chiuhaha and he dont seem to be that

i went with the name rocco

thanks for your help :)

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
hi all

yeah not botherd what he is as i have fell in love with him, just made me mad that i payed for pedigree chiuhaha and he dont seem to be that

i went with the name rocco

thanks for your help :)
Oh well hun, we all live and learn and the best part is you are in love with him and he will be a lovely addition to your family. Maybe he is just a very fat puppy?

Rocco's a good name for him I think!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts