Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My chihuahua Castle is 9 years old this year and has IVDD. I'm looking for a good joint supplement for him to help with his aging bones and hopefully put more zip in his step. There is so much on the market these days I thought it might be helpful to ask other chi owners what they've used and what worked for them. Other than IVDD he has no other issues except that he only has 12 teeth so I think a soft chew would be easiest for him but I guess if a tablet was small enough he could probably eat it ok since he does chew his dental snacks. Thank you for any help anyone can provide.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Chico is10 years old and has been on Glucosamine ftablests for about a year. I bought mine at BJs. The directions say start with 1/2 tab every day for a week then to to 1/2 every other day. To make sure I don't forget, I give him 1/4 tab. every morning. I break it up in his dish and put a baby teasp. of plain Greek in his dish. The yogurt is for yeast infections of skin and ears,

·
Registered
15 Posts
We have had a great result from Lubrisyn, the hyaluronic acid supplement for animals. I purchase it on amazon, it is expensive but lasts a long time. We have not used it on our chihuahua because he doesn't need it, but we noticed a significant difference for our Puggle (25 lbs). She used to limp when we walked her, and after Lubrisyn for about 2 weeks she was better. It was also like a miracle for our old cat.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts