Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i took both Sully and Fynn back for their check ups today, Fynn is fine just to finish tablets,but i had a couple of questions about Sully as she has this plastic clip tube thing along both sides of her vagina, from what i was told i thought it had been a womb prolapse she had and wondered why the plastic things were still attached to her vagina, it turns out she had a vaginal prolapse and the tube things are clips to stop it happening again, because the vaginal prolapse cause is hormonal that was why she was spayed, shes brighter but still not 100% with it yet but has done a pee and poo so im really pleased about that :D ,they took the dressing off and she has to go back next week for another check up.I forgot to say they also took out 5 teeth poor thing, i clean her teeth :shock: and did know a couple were getting plaque on but another vet said normally they dont take them out unless there is trouble with infection but although the vet who took them out was very experienced she was new to the practice and shouldnt have taken them out unless causing problems for Sully, which they didnt seem to be.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Poor, poor Sully. Hope she is recuperating now. Did the vet take the teeth out without your permission? I didn't think they could do that.
Hang in there, sullysmum. :)

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No she said she needs a 'couple' taken out when she looked at her, but i was so stressed at the 'prolapse ' coming out i wasnt fully with it, i signed the consent forms then when i got home she phoned me and said she had forgotten to get me to sign a consent form for her teeth could i give consent over phone so i said yes! Then when i got her back i saw another vet and asked how many she had, had taken out expecting it to be two, the vet said 5!!!Thats when she said they shouldnt have been taken out if they wernt causing a problem, which i didnt think they were but then im not a vet and can only go by day to day observing my animal.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
OMG Poor sully. She's been through a lot lately hasn't she? (Not to mention how you must feel!) :( I hope things get better real soon for you all!

Meg

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Poor Sully I hope she feels completely better soon. I would kind of wonder about that mant teeth being pulled too. Seems like an awful lot to have been bad enough to need pulling :roll:

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
Teeth pulling too? Poor Sully! I hope she gets better soon! :(

It seems alot of people on here have had to get their chi's teeth pulled. I guess I am lucky? My boys have regular check-ups and they have never needed their teeth pulled.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Poor Little Sully! She has really been put through the "ringer". Hope she will be back to her self soon... :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts