Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some recent pics of what Odie has been up to for the past couple weeks.

Going to our first chi meetup of the season on a windy day

Taking a rest from running

Ode and her papillon buddy Aztec

K Mom it's getting windy now!

Saying hi to her friend Sadie

This whippet got in from the big dog area and I fell in love!

So funny!

We went for a road trip for work and took Odie with us. Here's here looking for her Dad. Excuse the mess, I had to clean up an event at midnight and just threw everything in our car. She's riding in her carrier because on the way there wasn't enough room for her car seat, it was a full house!

Is he coming back?

I'll just sun tan while I wait for him

Tell Dad that we're in no rush to leave

·
Registered
5,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I had a lot of running around to do for work, but one of the stores I had to stop at was right next to Petsmart and we don't have one here so I had to go in and buy something! She got this cute shirt and some Zuke's peanut butter treats.

When we got back to town, we did a bit of sun tanning at Odie's Grandma's house

And here's her being happy to be home with her Loki cat

·
Premium Member
5,089 Posts
What cute pictures. I love the whippet too, they are just so sleek and shapely. In fact a whippet or miniature greyhound would be one of the few dogs I would consider in addition to a chi! The picture of Odie and kitty is sooooooooo cute!

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
I Love all the pics of Odie !!! the meetup looked like such a fun time :).
that pic of Odie in her susan lanci harness laying in front of her louisdog carrier ( or is it wooflink, I forgot now ) ... she looks so glamourous like a fashion model in that pic.

and of course i'm very happy to see her still wearing the Ellie hoodie. its so cute on her :D

·
Banned
10,706 Posts
Krystal, I just adore your baby girl, she has such a sweet, smoochable, precious
little cutesy wootsy face! I would seriously take her in a heartbeat. Belka is a
mini Rocky, Odessa will be the mini Benji, lol. Come on ship her over!!! Don't be
so greedy, you've got to play with her & love on her, now it's my turn!!! :love2: ;)

She's so gorgeous, I'm in love! :eek:ccasion2:

·
Registered
5,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Odie is a doll! Love all the pics! The one with the cat is very sweet. :)
Thank you! :) Yes, they're BFFs. If we didn't have the cats, I would have to get Odie a little friend.

I love Odie, she's just so cute! Great pictures. :)
Thanks! I always have a stack of pictures I mean to post but it always takes me awhile to actually do it.

The pictures are adorable! What a photogenic little girl. I wish Frodo would snuggle with his cat siblings like that.
She's very photogenic. We introduced the cats to her as a puppy VERY slowly and I think that it helped. They were already cuddling the first day they officially met face to face.

What cute pictures. I love the whippet too, they are just so sleek and shapely. In fact a whippet or miniature greyhound would be one of the few dogs I would consider in addition to a chi! The picture of Odie and kitty is sooooooooo cute!
I LOVE their body type. Although i'm tempted to rescue a chi in the future, I really think that it will be an italian greyhound instead. I noticed that the whippet didn't want to wrestle with other dogs and have almost no contact (this one did anyway), they just like to run and be chased which I think would make them the perfect larger companion for a chi. They're still fairly fragile. That whippet is 8 months and unfortunately it was running full force and hit the fence and wasn't walking on his paw for a little bit. After a few minutes though he was back in action.

Those pics are amazing! She's such a cutie. I love watching chis interact with cats; it's the sweetest thing.
Thanks! Yeah, our cats are her little buddies. I could publish a chi and cats cuddling coffee table book. :D

i loveeee the 4th pic.. sooo photogenic .... :)
Thank you. :) Sometimes I think she knows I'm taking a photo of her.

I Love all the pics of Odie !!! the meetup looked like such a fun time :).
that pic of Odie in her susan lanci harness laying in front of her louisdog carrier ( or is it wooflink, I forgot now ) ... she looks so glamourous like a fashion model in that pic.

and of course i'm very happy to see her still wearing the Ellie hoodie. its so cute on her :D
It was fun! We had another one today but everyone cancelled on me because they thought it was too hot. That's a Wooflink carrier. She's such a little model! She will work for sun. I still love that hoodie! It's one of my favourites. It fits her so well.

Krystal, I just adore your baby girl, she has such a sweet, smoochable, precious
little cutesy wootsy face! I would seriously take her in a heartbeat. Belka is a
mini Rocky, Odessa will be the mini Benji, lol. Come on ship her over!!! Don't be
so greedy, you've got to play with her & love on her, now it's my turn!!! :love2: ;)

She's so gorgeous, I'm in love! :eek:ccasion2:
Awww thanks LS! Haha maybe one time we'll come visit, but I'm taking her home with me! :D I can tell from your videos of Bella that her and Odie would have an awesome time playing together. I've said it before, but they seem to have such similar personalities. Poor Chanel needs a twin too!

WOW! So so so cute... very very adorable! I love that carrier too!! What kind is it??!!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Thank you! It's a Wooflink chic bag 2 carrier. Also comes in black and pink. Here's a link. I love it!

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I LOVE it! I have been contemplating for over two years now on getting a carrier - I feel like I won't use it that much, but that may just be because I don't have one. I always want to take Roxy to places, but can't because I don't have a carrier! So, maybe I would use it often if I had one! Either way, I havent been able to find the perfect one until I saw yours!!! Thanks for the link!! I love the Taupe the best. Too bad all the colors are sold out on their website! I am on a mission to find the Taupe somewhere - but so far, no luck! :(

·
Registered
5,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Odie looks like she is loving summer!! She looks so adorable in her wooflink carrier!! Her friends are so cute too!! What size is her ellie hoodie?? It fits her really well. And how is Loki doing???

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Thanks, we are both loving it! I think that her hoodie is a size small. It fits her so perfectly. Both Loki and Lance are doing great! Hoping to be vet free for at least a little while now!

I LOVE it! I have been contemplating for over two years now on getting a carrier - I feel like I won't use it that much, but that may just be because I don't have one. I always want to take Roxy to places, but can't because I don't have a carrier! So, maybe I would use it often if I had one! Either way, I havent been able to find the perfect one until I saw yours!!! Thanks for the link!! I love the Taupe the best. Too bad all the colors are sold out on their website! I am on a mission to find the Taupe somewhere - but so far, no luck! :(
I was exactly the same as you before we got ours. Odie walks everywhere so I didn't see why I would need one. I fell in love with it when I saw Zorana's in one of her pic threads and now that I have one, I love it! I wanted one originally for when I do road trips solo and have to run in to go to the bathroom somewhere. Now I can just sneak her in with me. It's her little hideaway. Sometimes we can find her and she'll be happily napping in her carrier. I'm excited to use it this summer when we go on vacation on our family's boat as some restaurant patios are dog friendly and she'll have a nice comfy place to relax when we eat.

Wow you're not kidding about there being no taupe! I just searched for 20 minutes to see if I could fine one and no dice. A couple of months ago, I saw one in taupe at Barking Babies in Vancouver and they didn't have it on their website. Might be worth checking to see if they still have it if you really want one in that colour.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I was exactly the same as you before we got ours. Odie walks everywhere so I didn't see why I would need one. I fell in love with it when I saw Zorana's in one of her pic threads and now that I have one, I love it! I wanted one originally for when I do road trips solo and have to run in to go to the bathroom somewhere. Now I can just sneak her in with me. It's her little hideaway. Sometimes we can find her and she'll be happily napping in her carrier. I'm excited to use it this summer when we go on vacation on our family's boat as some restaurant patios are dog friendly and she'll have a nice comfy place to relax when we eat.

Wow you're not kidding about there being no taupe! I just searched for 20 minutes to see if I could fine one and no dice. A couple of months ago, I saw one in taupe at Barking Babies in Vancouver and they didn't have it on their website. Might be worth checking to see if they still have it if you really want one in that colour.
Yeah! That's exactly how I am. She walks everywhere, so need for one, but you are so right - it would be so nice to be able to sneak her into a few places because I refuse to leave her in the car. So, if I know I'm going to have to stop somewhere, I don't bring her with me, but wish I could!

Thanks for that link! I just emailed them. I just found ONE site that seems to carry them ... but they have no contact information except to what leads me to their Facebook page - so that is a little sketchy to me. Hopefully the site you sent me answers!

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Krystal, that carrier is gorgeous! I need to get a hard sided carrier. Mine prefer to walk too. But I've thought about emergencies. Like if I had to get all 4 out of the house in a hurry. Before I got the pups we had an electrical fire in the kitchen. Thank goodness it wasn't bad. But I know if something like that happened again (God forbid) having a carrier to load the pups in would be much easier and faster than scrambling my mom, 4 pups and myself to safety. And they do come in handy for the things y'all mention above. When I used to travel to the Woodlands a lot, all of my favorite restaurants have patio seating. I used my stroller. But I really need to invest in a good carrier. I love yours! Odie looks like she loves it too. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts