Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I brought my sewing table from storage and put it under the front of the trailer(Where the hitch is) and I have a nice rubber mat on the ground. I have a chair that I will be bringing home. I can put my sewing machines out there and have a nice sewing area...

We have a cover over the front.. it is like having a wall around the area... I can be outside and sew all day long... heheheheheh and when I want to walk away all I have to do is snap it closed and walk away....

I can have all my sewing stuff out there all nice and neat... even if it rains I can be out there....

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I do know how to make male chi clothes. I just got a pattern that has 3 coats, a vest and a shirt on it...

I make Pouch/carriers and bandanas.

I make snuggle bags and blankets...

I just started sewing really.. I have known how for years, but I was never patiant enough to actually sit down and make that much anything before...

Something triggered in me after I saw all the little things that can be made for him.. I just had to get the sewing machine out and make something... after I made the first harness/vest I was addicted.

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
i wish i could make cute things for my chi's

it must be so peaceful ...sewing in the outdoor ....you make me so jealous sometimes :wink:

kisses nat

·
Registered
568 Posts
Awwwwh... I am way jealous. I want so badly to learn how to sew. I was telling hubby that I wanted to learn and he is OK with that. I just don't know where to begin. I was also thinking about getting a sewing machine and just going for it. LOL! I am still debating though since I can't even sew a button on my own blouse. I get my Mom to do that for me. :oops:

Happy Sewing....

Leslie

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Leslie,

Learning to sew is actually easy... If I was you I would find a sewing storee that sells sewing machines.. you can get one really inexpensive and they usually come with some free or inexpensive fee. I think mine was once a week for 6 weeks. it was 2 hours each week. I found this the easiest way.. the other thing i did was cut square out and sew them together to make a blanket for Amanda... that was 8 years ago and she is still loves it.. I didn't put batting in it but it does have a back and front...

I think that these dog clothes and things that I started making is alot easier than making people clothes... I did make a dress for amanda when she was small.. witht he help from my mom... she had to walk through the ruffles with me...

This pattern that I just got looks really easy to make.. we are going to cut them out this afternoon and I will let you know how easy it is to make...

I concider myself a beginner sewer....

·
Registered
568 Posts
Oh my goodness. I was discouraged some, but after reading your post Gadget's Mom I think I will give it a try. I told my Mom I wanted to learn how to sew and she said that I could borrow her sewing machine to do what I have to do and she would teach me a few things. But, I think classes are in order. :lol: Seriously though I don't even do buttons. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Keep me updated on that pattern, I can't wait to see your finished product. You guys that sew do some awesome things and I just want to be able to do the same for my babies.

Leslie

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
luvmydogs said:
Oh my goodness. I was discouraged some, but after reading your post Gadget's Mom I think I will give it a try. I told my Mom I wanted to learn how to sew and she said that I could borrow her sewing machine to do what I have to do and she would teach me a few things. But, I think classes are in order. :lol: Seriously though I don't even do buttons. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Keep me updated on that pattern, I can't wait to see your finished product. You guys that sew do some awesome things and I just want to be able to do the same for my babies.

Leslie
Good for you!! I can't sew worth a dang...LOL...not a button...NOTHING...but I also do not have the patience...I'd rather buy it...LOL...that's how lazy I am....sigh'

I would love to learn though....it would be so cool...I could make pillow covers, blankies...shirts for my baby....

:D

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Tinker said:
For me, once I learned the basics it doens't take patience because it's relaxing. Sort of like needlepoint or cross stitch, you just go and let your mind drift.
I can't sew (I can do buttons and that's about it) but I know what you mean about it being relaxing. I can knit for hours and hours and it's the most relaxing thing. Your mind just wanders and you have no idea how so much time could've passed without you noticing.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you Mandy and Rachael. I really got inspired this time by wanting to get some serious sewing done.... I want to sew these clothes that I just got the patterns for...

But the first thing we did was set up the table and sewing machines. My mom even fixed the neighbors sewing machine for her today.... It was nice because the 3 of us could sit out there and chat away while mom was fixing the sewing machine.. then she played with mine for a while and got them all dialed in for me.. We are making curtains for the bedroom right now... We put our tv stand in the bedroom at the end of the bed and the blind won't close now... So we are making the curtains to match our bedroom set...

I need to get a lamp in there before I can spend much time in there sewing...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts