Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know where to put this, But it seems sunny is a bit to fond of cats. I cant figure this one out becouse hes fixed and has been since 2004 but when a friends cat came into heat she went to him and he.....well, he was just naughty. Why would a fixed dog do this????

We were staying with a friend who owns the cat, he caught them snapped, the pic and then scolded Sunny, My fiance and I had gone out to lunch while it happened.

If this isn in appropriate, please delete.

·
Registered
11,144 Posts
i think when a dog is neutered it takes away their ability to reproduce but not their desire to.

woody is fixed and he still tries to jump on things. teddy is also neutered and he never does.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im not quite sure whos the strangest of the 2. Crashkitty for soliciting him or him taking her up on the offer.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
humping is a dominance behaviour, often times females and neutered males will hump "new" playmates, (doesnt matter the species) and occasionally old frineds (to reassurt) the one being humped is the submissive one the one doing the humping is the boss, this is very typical and normal behaviour.

if it bothers you you can discourage the behaviour by distracting him when he "gets naughty" give him a toy to play with or a treat, a squirt of water from a spay bottle will sometimes cause enough distraction to break it too. Be persistent.
i wouldnt yell or scold him though as what hes doing is NOT wrong, its 100% natural and not something he should be told off for. just discourage by distracting.

also many neutered dogs WILL still react to another animal in heat. while their hormone levels are much lower they still sometimes have those hormones...its just the plumbing is disconected.

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
That's hilarious!! :lol:

I was going to say the same thing as Foxy. Dogs show their dominance by humping, that is if they aren't doing it for reproducing reasons. :wink: Mr. Peepers was getting humped constantly at the dog park by another male dog the other day. :lol:

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Humping can definitely be a dominance thing, but not always ^_^ Even neutered animals (including females) will hump for sexual reasons that have nothing to do with dominance :D 'Fixed' people still 'hump' for *almost* the same reason fixed animals hump ;)

Anyway it's hard to tell the difference between the two, so it may or may not be a dominance issue ^_^

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
a neutered male actually is the same as a fully castrated human male, they have very little to no sexual desire, eunichs were the queens/princesses womans guards they were castrated so they woud feel no desire for their human charges.

theres a big difference between a human "disconect" and a full castration.

dogs (intact and neutered of any age) do practice "sexual play" but again most of it is tied in to a dominance play.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Bless him he's a bit confused isn't he. But many dogs don't lose the desire to hump after castration our german shepherd is always trying to mount our great danes when they are in season although he was done many years ago but even he draws the line at the cats x x

·
Registered
18 Posts
That's hysterical! I guess a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. Your friends should learn from this though and get that cat spayed.

·
Registered
118 Posts
That is so funny! I don't think it is a bad thing my B.B is neutered and still "jumps" on things I think it is one of two things he still has the urge or he is trying to be dominant.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
So if Sunny wasn't neutered, would they be able to have a half dog/cat litter? I wonder what that would look like...

·
Registered
20 Posts
That is the funniest picture! Boys will be boys, won't they?! Some things just never change. I'll just chime in with the others who have said that it's a domination thing even with old friends. I do hope they have the kitty spayed if they're not going to breed her. In the meantime, you've got a one-of-a-kind picture for Sunny's baby book! By the way, he really is a cutie.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts