Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
oh my i just had one of my narcelptis daytime sleeps like super long! and i just woke up and iv got a super duper bad throat and im showing saturday any one got any tips on how to get it gone super fast only prob is with me when i get the normal little bugs i always seem to get them ten times worse and pass out and i dont wanna be passing out in the ring with jake dont think he will be to impressed with mummy lol!

·
Banned
1,474 Posts
I hate sore throats - had one a while ago a day before I was travelling to America - just drink plenty of water - that helped for me :wave:

·
Banned
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what do you actuly put honey and lemon in a cup of water or is there a drink out like that thanks for the help need it gone super quick for jakes sake lol

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
plenty of hot drinks and you can geta vics honey and lemon drink, i think its like a sachet u pour into hot water but, i dont really use any of the others because the main ingrediant in most big brands is just plain old paracetamal (docters advice)

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
I've always gargled with salt water (table salt mixed with warm water) followed by Chloroseptic spray if the gargling wasn't enough. Hope you feel better soon. Sore throats are the worst. :(

·
Banned
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks all and i really feel like just sleeping it off but jacob has ring classes tonight and after his little growling session with the judge the weekend i better go and see how he does

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
sullysmum said:
What about honey and lemon in boiled water(like a hot drink).
I agree with Donna , squeeze half a lemon in to a mug , add 1 teaspoon of honey , then hot water ... Let it cool down to the same temperature as you would drink a tea/coffee then drink it :)

Since my op last year I have a sore throat or feeling of a lump in
my throat ALL the time , so I love the honey/lemon drink :)

Hope you feel better soon Vicki :wave:

·
Banned
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks all im about to go to dog club in the next half hour and i feel so rough and i meant to be going to veiw windsor tomoz and see what its like not sure il be able to!

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Oh dear! I always each a meal like peas and ketchup (sorry if thts weird) lol but tht loosens up my throat and helps moi!!! Anyhu wat ever happens hope u feel better soon!

·
Registered
393 Posts
Not sure if you can get it in the UK, but I use a gargle-type thingie that has antiseptic properties so it kills the germies, and also has an anti-inflammatory that takes the worst out of the pain.

I think it's made by Difflam?

Hope you're feelin better soon, I've got a raging cold with Bronchitis & chest infection at the moment (it's the middle of Winter here!) so I feel your pain!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts