Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does everyone on here give their chihuahua other supplements such as fish oils, or vitamins if you are feeding a number 5 food? And if your chihuahua is healthy do you still give it? What age are you suppose to start?

·
Registered
719 Posts
I feed mines acana all life stages and blue buffalo puppy lamb and oatmeal. They both are healthy. Sometimes I feed raw at dinner time once a week. I give them missing link ultimate hip and joint plus glucosamine. It works great! I gave it to tiny at 1 yr old and penny at 6 months, it says for all adult breed but I give it to her anyways. I also give them a spoon of canned pumpkin as an afternoon snack. I also give them squeezed human grade fish oil capsule once in a while. I think supplements are great for them whether it's for hair and skin or just simply for good over all health.

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
Don't worry about what you didn't know. I didn't know either until January of this year. Also, I fed Lulu Science Diet (for anyone reading it is horrible food that vets and advertising will make you believe is very good) until 1 yr ago, and she's 4 1/2 yrs old. The important thing is you know now. Mine are now on ZP, Nupro, glucosamine/chondroitin, and once a week Vit D3 because it is also in ZP.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.