Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
It's real easy to see why so many refuse to support the war in Iraq and to also not support the troops when some of them do such shameful and disgusting acts like shown below along with the other things we here about in the news such as the woman who was rapped and her and her family killed afterwards.

I am an American vet and I love our country but....it's times like these that make me ashamed of being an American. Regardless of what others do, we should always hold ourselves to a better standard and treat others (regardless if they are human or animal) with compassion and basically....common decency.

For me....I hold the leaders of these soldiers just as responsible as the soldiers who committed the terrible acts. That and probably a lack of good up bringing is to blame also. There's no telling how many more things were done that were covered up.

This first video is absolutely horrifying....it makes me so sad for this poor dog.
I feel sorry for the person if I ever caught them doing anything like this to a dog let alone to my babies "Angel" & "Patches"

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1668090721

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1668505055

first video is very graphic

·
Registered
250 Posts
Bob,
Having a daughter in Iraq for the past year I have to say that I think your post is totally inapropriate here on Chi People. Why don't you go to military.com to express your anti American views?
You seem to think that all of the troops are commiting unspeakble acts, and that is just not true! My daughter risks her life every day trying to help the Iraqi people, and I am very proud of her.
I will not get into politics on this CHI forum, I come here to get away from all that.

·
Banned
6,248 Posts
You are so welcome. One of our family friends just got home from over there. He's got a wife and two babies and it's been an adjustment.

My husband is a Vietnam Veteran and has a cap that has that embroidered on it. I am always so humbled and proud when strangers stop him and the store and thank him for what he did.

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
I don't support the war in Iraq at all but I support our troops 100%. I feel fortunate that there are people who would risk their lives so that me and my daughter have the freedoms that we do. Some troops may have gone looney but that doesn't affect how I feel about them as a whole.

My cousins husband has already served over there for a year and a half and he's going back in March. Willingly might I add. :wink:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Well mr "My Girl Pearl"....luckily for me...you don't know what your talking about.

1. This is the "Off-Topic" section of the forum....which means I can talk about whatever I feel like and I thought most of the dog lovers here would find it as shocking as me that some of our troops feel the need to kill an innocent harmless dog.

2. my anti American views?....did you fail hooked on phonics? I said I am an american vet and love our country. Nothing anti american about that. Plus...I been there , done that, so I know what our troops are doing. Plus....in this day and age of the internet....it only takes a few incidents of this nature to turn public opinion either way.

3. My post had nothing to do with politics....it was merely a statement that...I "understand" meaning not that I agree with but understand why people would not support the war or the troops. I as a veteran support our troops (always have and always will). You must have read into what i said instead of taking it at face value. I guess your one of the americans that mistake freedom of speech as anti american. Well sorry about your luck. I'm as american as you get altho I may be outspoken at times because I'm not afriad to speak my mind.

4. I corrected my original post to say....some troops....which is what I originally meant.

·
Registered
5,493 Posts
I chose not to look at the videos because I just can't deal with animal abuse (I'm assuming it's of that nature). I really don't think abusing animals has anything to do with the war or the soldier but the person or people who act this way. No matter their location or job or training they would act this way. I just don't see how it's relevant.

Thank you both, Bob and My Girl Pearl's daughter (I forgot your name sorry!), for fighting for our country. You are very brave and help keep our country free and safe. Without people like you we wouldn't have much. I can't imagine having a child in the war and how scared I would be. I can imagine how sensitive a subject it is for you and there should ONLY be positive words for our soldiers and what they are doing for our country. In my opinion their personal actions don't effect that. Obviously there are people who choose to do wrong for whatever reason I won't ever know. I support the troops 100% and couldn't ever thank them enough for doing what they do.

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
I agree with Katie's (i love my cheese) second paragraph 100%

(and could you put a warning saying that the first video is very graphic? I did NOT want to see that!)

·
Registered
250 Posts
Bob,
1. You are right. This is the off topic forum, and you may talk about whatever you want. I apologize for that.

2. "it's times like these that make me ashamed of being an American." sounds pretty anti American to me, but maybe it's just me.

3. I didn't say your post was political, I said I didn't want to get into politics on this forum. There are other sites (at least one of which you have already posted this exact same thing) where one can do that, if one chooses. I guess you choose to do it on a dog forum.

4. Thank you for correcting your post to say SOME troops.

I'd just like to add that one can go to You Tube and find videos of troops with Iraqi dogs that they have adopted, and are treated very lovingly by the Soldiers, many of whom are dog lovers like us. Some people just like to look for the bad and go off on that, but there is a lot of good stuff too.

I too would like to thank you for serving our country.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Katie 18 and I Love My Chis... thank you for being so understanding. I guess I am more than a little sensitive on the subject and will keep myself in check!

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
I do not support the war in Iraq even the least little bit, but I do support the troops 100%. My cousin is in the Army and he did a tour over there for a year. My brother is in the National Gaurd and will most likely be deployed at some point. I would feel like the worst sister and cousin in the WORLD if I didn't support them. I also have branches of the military in my family. Including the Marines, Navy, and several in the Army. I am so proud of those that can go through that training and even more proud of those who serve in a war.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts