Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought Odie two Susan Lanci step-in harnesses, and they're too big. I was so upset when I tried them on her and they didn't fit, especially because her harness is getting so gross and these are gorgeous! I'm definitely buying the same style again, just a smaller size.

I have two XS/S up for grabs, in "Amethyst" and "Sunshine Drops". The XS/S fits a chest size of 11 1/2" - 13". However, when I measure Odie, her chest size is approximately just under 12.5", so I think these fit a bit big. I'd like $60 for both, plus shipping (which shouldn't be much because these are tiny).

Amethyst

Sunshine Drops

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
I am definitely interested. I have a black one with crystals on it....same style in XS and it fits Ava perfectly....so they should fit her.

...but her chest measures between 11 1/2 and 12" - if Odie measures 12" -and they're too big for him, I guess they'd be too big for my little ones too! huh...

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
i would buy them for sure if they were the size i needed. Minnie and Peyton are one size smaller than those (size XS) , Tootsie is alot bigger than those ( size M). and Latte is smaller than Minnie's size she doesnt have one yet, but probably size XXS or smaller. :(

·
Banned
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am definitely interested. I have a black one with crystals on it....same style in XS and it fits Ava perfectly....so they should fit her.

...but her chest measures between 11 1/2 and 12" - if Odie measures 12" -and they're too big for him, I guess they'd be too big for my little ones too! huh...
Do you have the XS, or the XS/S? These ones are XS/S. If you have the XS/S, then I definitely measured her wrong. :( I love these harnesses!

·
Banned
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i would buy them for sure if they were the size i needed. Minnie and Peyton are one size smaller than those (size XS) , Tootsie is alot bigger than those ( size M). and Latte is smaller than Minnie's size she doesnt have one yet, but probably size XXS or smaller. :(
What size chest do Minnie and Peyton have? I want to order Odie one in the correct size, but now I'm scared to, especially because I want one of the custom colours that isn't returnable.

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
What size chest do Minnie and Peyton have? I want to order Odie one in the correct size, but now I'm scared to, especially because I want one of the custom colours that isn't returnable.
i will measure them again and let you know. but are you measuring the biggesst part of there chest... because GWLittle ( where i bought mine, has a little video , showing you the correct way to measure. its not the biggest part of the chest, its directly behind front legs, before the biggest part of chest)
here's the video at the bottom of page

The Best for Small Dogs: Dog Carriers, Pet Carrier & Dog Bed

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
ok, just measured Minnie and right behind front legs her measurement its 12 1/4 inches.
and the measurement that is biggest part of her chest ( not where you measure ... is 13 inches. )
i do remember when i first ordered , i picked the wrong size also. i got the same size as you the XS/S at first. then put in another order for the XS and it fit perfect.
if you order the XS and they are too big, i will buy them from you cause thats my girls ( peyton and minnies( size) and i love having different colors. right now , they only have one each. :)

·
Banned
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok, just measured Minnie and right behind front legs her measurement its 12 1/4 inches.
and the measurement that is biggest part of her chest ( not where you measure ... is 13 inches. )
i do remember when i first ordered , i picked the wrong size also. i got the same size as you the XS/S at first. then put in another order for the XS and it fit perfect.
if you order the XS and they are too big, i will buy them from you cause thats my girls ( peyton and minnies( size) and i love having different colors. right now , they only have one each. :)
Minnie and Odie are almost exactly the same size! I just measured again, and right behind her legs is 12", with the biggest part of her chest being 13". I'm going to order an XS, I think in the sunshine yellow colour again. It's so cute! What colours do you have?

so are they gone?
Nope! Still have them.

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
i have the step in style of susan lanci , just like yours, but, i got the tinkie style with the flowers and crystal. i have the red one for minnie and the raspberry one for peyton.
and for Tootsie, i have the same step in style but i got the Tailbow heart style in the color puppy pink. i need to get one for Latte now.
but would love other colors, so if for some reason it doesnt fit right, i will buy it for sure.

·
Banned
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i have the step in style of susan lanci , just like yours, but, i got the tinkie style with the flowers and crystal. i have the red one for minnie and the raspberry one for peyton.
and for Tootsie, i have the same step in style but i got the Tailbow heart style in the color puppy pink. i need to get one for Latte now.
but would love other colors, so if for some reason it doesnt fit right, i will buy it for sure.
Nice! I really like the raspberry colour too, but my husband is not into it. Haha

I love them all! You're the best Elaine. I'll let you know how it goes, but I'm really hoping it fits like a glove!

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
I emailed GW little to try and get my money back on a custom color...the best the could do was buy it back at half price...Not good enough for me, but better than nothin I guess..;)

·
Banned
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That is better than nothing! Unfortunately I didn't order them from GW, but from Posh Puppy Boutique, and it was a nightmare even getting them in the first place. Don't shop there!!

The one I just ordered her is from GW, and I went with one of the in stock colours so I can return it if it doesn't fit again. Fingers crossed!

·
Banned
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I bought Odie two Susan Lanci step-in harnesses, and they're too big. I was so upset when I tried them on her and they didn't fit, especially because her harness is getting so gross and these are gorgeous! I'm definitely buying the same style again, just a smaller size.

I have two XS/S up for grabs, in "Amethyst" and "Sunshine Drops". The XS/S fits a chest size of 11 1/2" - 13". However, when I measure Odie, her chest size is approximately just under 12.5", so I think these fit a bit big. I'd like $60 for both, plus shipping (which shouldn't be much because these are tiny).

Amethyst

Sunshine Drops
I still have these! I'll take $50 for them both.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts