Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had experience with these? It's time that Odie got a harness that doesn't say Harley Davidson on the side. Don't get me wrong, I love her harley harness. It's so easy to put on quickly and she can't get out of it. I just want something girly for her.

I'm interested in their step-in and tinkie styles. Ode's regular harness is a vest style, which goes around her neck and also around her mid section. Do you think a tinkie harness would be comparable to this in terms of pressure on the throat? She doesn't necessarily pull, as we use a retractable leash and she sticks close by, but I don't want to buy anything that would be no better than a collar.

Step In: here

Tinkie: here

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
Has anyone had experience with these? It's time that Odie got a harness that doesn't say Harley Davidson on the side. Don't get me wrong, I love her harley harness. It's so easy to put on quickly and she can't get out of it. I just want something girly for her.

I'm interested in their step-in and tinkie styles. Ode's regular harness is a vest style, which goes around her neck and also around her mid section. Do you think a tinkie harness would be comparable to this in terms of pressure on the throat? She doesn't necessarily pull, as we use a retractable leash and she sticks close by, but I don't want to buy anything that would be no better than a collar.

Step In: here

Tinkie: here
i have the step in Susan Lanci tinkie garden harness for Minnie and Peyton
and the step in Tailbow SL harness for Tootsie.
i love them and the dogs are very comfy in them. the material is so nice , its pretty and lightweight.
they are not adjustable at all. I got mine at GW Little and there exchange policy is great. no return fees to exchange if you dont order a special color.
The second link you posted... i dont like that kind cause i dont like any kind with velcro.

·
Banned
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aw! I love the garden ones. So cute. You're right about the velcro though. Odie's harness now has velcro, but also has a collar type thing that's on the outside of the neck part, so I don't have to worry about the velcro coming undone. I was going to buy one with my groupon at poshpuppyboutique, and I noticed that they won't let you return them! Did yours fit closely to the size chart?

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
Aw! I love the garden ones. So cute. You're right about the velcro though. Odie's harness now has velcro, but also has a collar type thing that's on the outside of the neck part, so I don't have to worry about the velcro coming undone. I was going to buy one with my groupon at poshpuppyboutique, and I noticed that they won't let you return them! Did yours fit closely to the size chart?
when you measure, you dont measure the biggest part of the chest. you measure right behind the front legs. i think i didnt get the size right the first time. i guessed too big and needed a smaller one

·
Banned
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
when you measure, you dont measure the biggest part of the chest. you measure right behind the front legs. i think i didnt get the size right the first time. i guessed too big and needed a smaller one
Thanks so much for the tip. The website says to measure the biggest part, which I would have done. I'm so excited for a girly harness!

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
I bought the tinkie one, but I don't like it at all. It goes up high around Miya's neck and also doesn't stay put around her "waist", behind her front legs. No matter how tight I put it. I will be putting it up for sale on here one of these days. It's melon color and doesn't have the bow.

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
My Ava has a black Susan Lanci harness and I just LOVE it! But it's not adjustable and doesn't stretch....when you read the sizes, they overlap a tad, luckily I ordered the correct size the first time!!
View attachment 7454

Mona Lisa needs one now too, but I want her to be all grown up first, she's almost 8 months old and 2 1/2 lbs. I'm sure she'll fill out a bit more yet.....

·
Registered
163 Posts
sorry dont know bout the harnesses but i noticed your puppy is named odie :) im going to be getting my first chi boy next month and decided to name him otis and odie for short... glad to see there are other odie's on here :)

·
Banned
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That harness looks great on Ava! I really hope I choose the right size, because it's non-refundable where I'm buying it from.

I bought the tinkie one, but I don't like it at all. It goes up high around Miya's neck and also doesn't stay put around her "waist", behind her front legs. No matter how tight I put it. I will be putting it up for sale on here one of these days. It's melon color and doesn't have the bow.
What a bummer. I love the melon colour. What size was it?

sorry dont know bout the harnesses but i noticed your puppy is named odie :) im going to be getting my first chi boy next month and decided to name him otis and odie for short... glad to see there are other odie's on here :)
Yes, her name is Odessa. Odie for short. There are more Odies on here too!

·
Registered
836 Posts
I love GW little. They have great customer service. I fell in love with the Tinkie garden but as someone else already posted it did not fit Chloe well. It was too highly up on her neck. We went with scrappy leather in pink and it fits perfect! Make sure you check out Park Ave harnesses, they are great too!!

·
Banned
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
K, i'm definitely not going to go with the tinkie harness then. Maybe they fit other breeds better? Who knows. Too bad, because they're super cute! I would love to buy from GW Little, but I bought a groupon for poshpuppyboutique, so I have to order from there.

·
Premium Member
5,089 Posts
I have the perfect pink plain step in harness with matching collar and leash. They all work great for Lady who is right at 6 pounds and fits well in the size small collar and small harness. The harness is easy to get on and off but one question I have, what is the front and what is the back. Seems you can put it on either way. Like many here, I was willing to "pay up" for my doggie but these items seem costly for what are actually very, very small products! I got mine from GW Little too and there shipping is so quick!

·
Banned
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I just measured Odie's girth (RIGHT behind her legs) and it's just 12". These are the sizes they list (this is for the step in harness btw):

XS 3 10 1/2"-12"
XS/S 3.5 11 1/2"- 13"

For those of you who have this style, should I go with an XS or an XS/S?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.