Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So for as long as ive had penny (march 15, 2012) i notice that when penny and tiny eats (both on wellness sm breed puppy) tiny crunches but penny just uses her toungue to scoop it into her mouth and swallows! When i give her treats broken into small bits she swallows but if i give it to her with out breaking it (they r extra small bone shaped biscuit) she will chew and eat. What do u guys suggest for penny when she's eating, her kibbles are small already. :/ and her bowl is a 1/4 measuring cup so that too small to put a slow down ball thingy. She eats at a normal pace, its just that she swallows.

· Registered
437 Posts
It is normal for a dog to swallow big chuncks.

Wild dogs rip of a big piece of meat from the prey and swallow it hole. Sometimes a little bit of chewing to make it softer... But they don't really chew the food.

So when you feed small kibble, some dogs will chew, but others will think it is easier to just swallow.
This will be no big problem as long as she doesn't throw up or have other problems.
If you think it is scary, or you want her to chew, give her a larger kibble size.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.