Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Bichon boy, Cosmo, had his teeth cleaned on Tuesday and had a little wart removed from between his eyes. He also had a "bump" on his tongue biopsied and he has a tiny little stitch in his tongue and one between his eyes. He did fine, but didn't feel really great afterward, of course. He has antibiotics and pain meds for a few days. Lavender has been very quiet and sweet, not pestering Cosmo to play like she usually does. Yesterday, she sat down beside him and reached over and gently nibbled on his ear. Just nibbled, didn't try to get him to play. It looked like she was giving him a sweet little kiss and comforting him. They're very sweet furbabies.

Jeanette, Cosmo and Lavender

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Bless little Cosmo, hoping all is well! How sweet of beautiful little Lavender to just give a little nibble and show some love towards her brother. That is too sweet. Isn't it funny how some dogs just know when something is going on and they give the other dog some space. I know not all dogs are like this but I love when they are so connected with each other that they just know. The vet told us to keep Kizzie away from Shayley after her surgery, knowing how crazy Kizzie was I did! After I felt bad because she wanted to see her sister I let her in the room and she didn't even "try" to play with her. Which is a shock because Kizzie is a nut and will attach her (friendly) as soon as she see's her because she loves her so much. Kizzie just simply gave her some sniffles and sat next to her. I thought that was so sweet. Dogs are just amazing. I think your little Lavender is so sweet! Wishing you the best of health Cosmo!!! Get well soon little buddy!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We will get the lab results from Cosmo's biopsy the end of the week or first of next week. I'm trying to think positive and believe it will be good. After losing my girl, Lacy, last July to cancer, I'm very concerned.

Lavender usually comes romping up to Cosmo after we've been gone, but she seemed to "get it" that Cosmo had a tough day and she was quiet and calm with him. I stayed beside Cosmo to protect him if necessary, but it wasn't. Lavender has been sweet to Cosmo, laying beside him and staying close. They understand a lot more than we think.

Jeanette

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
That is very very sweet! I bet that Cosmo felt comforted by that. And yes, you're right, they do understand more than we give them credit for.

·
Registered
162 Posts
So sweet! As I always say, I like most dogs I meet better than I like a lot of people I meet. Lol... They do just seem to "know"! really amazing! Feel better Cosmo!

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Such a sweet sister.. Prayers Cosmo's biospy shows no problems.. And I so agree that many people way underestimate what our furbabies, know, feel, and sense about all sorts of things.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts