Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
NoahFL said:
Glad to hear he's doing better. I almost lost Zeus due to a botch neuter job. I made a bad decision to take him to the vet who had been seeing him since his birth rather then my vet that I've used for years. After Zeus' neuter job, the following day I had to take Zeus back to the vet because Zeus couldn't urinate on his own and the vet had to resedate Zeus to correct the problem. He claimed the sutures were too tight, causing massive swelling and not allowing him to urinate. Zeus had a 1 inch incision that couldn't be closed up to allow draining. It was awful. Twice a day, I had to put antibiotic ointment in the hole. I had taken Zeus for a follow up to my vet as I told the other vet he won't be seeing my dog again. Zeus was still not urinating correctly. I took him to my vet and he had drained about 50cc of urine from Zeus. He said 1 of 2 things had happened. The other vet either pierced his urethra and sutured the urethra or completely went around the urethra and clamped the urethra shut with the suture. I had to re-pottytrain Zeus all over again and it took a good 2 weeks for him to completly recover. I remember sleeping next to Zeus on his bed on the floor during the night just to comfort and watch over him. I couldn't keep him in my bed while he was still leaking.

I thank God that I took Zeus back to the vet when I did. The vet said had I not brought him in when I did (even though they still wanted me to wait alittle while longer to see if he'd urinate on his own), his bladder would have ruptured and I could have lost Zeus.
My God, what a horrible situation! Thank goodness your other vet was able to turn things around. I understand that mistakes happen but apparently that first guy either wouldn't admit his error or he failed to recognize it. Either way, bad vet. :evil:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.