Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
I actually have a question....??

When my toy poodle got neutered 10 years ago, he was castrated, so he has no sack or anything left. But now I see dogs with their little sack still there? Is this how they do it now? Becuase if so is ot something that needs to be requested, I would like Gizmo to keep some of his little manhood ya know?! :lol:

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
ilovesadie said:
SunnyFLMum said:
I actually have a question....??

When my toy poodle got neutered 10 years ago, he was castrated, so he has no sack or anything left. But now I see dogs with their little sack still there? Is this how they do it now? Becuase if so is ot something that needs to be requested, I would like Gizmo to keep some of his little manhood ya know?! :lol:
When a young dog is first neutered, the skin from the scrotum is loose, and just looks like an extra flap of skin. The skin loses its elasticity over time and the area becomes flat. Older dogs that are neutered often retain this extra flap of skin. Any dog that has visible "full" scrotum either is not neutered, or paid extra for neuticlel implants.

SunnyFLMum, very very few vets implant "neuticles" after the neuter to simulate testicles. It's a cosmetic insert, and that is allt. Forgive me for saying this, but having neuticals is not going to give Gizmo any part of his manhood back =( In fact, there are very few vets that use neuticles because there have recently been reports of allergic reaction to the synthetic material causing dogs to chew them off themselves (how's that for manhood?), and cancerous masses that have grown adjacent to the neuticles. My opinion is that neuticals are unecessary, and there is no medical reason to insert them, and there is medical reason not to.

Just my 2 cents! =) Hope it helps your decision.
-Nate
Ok that is gross, why on earth would someone stick an implant in there?? No Gizmo is definately getting neutered, I just wondered if there was a new procedure going around that I didn't know about since I see so many doggies who are neutered with little sacks...not full testicles, but just the little sack. My little poodle got neutered at 8 months and he has nothing in that area now...but thanks for letting me know what that is, I had no idea people went to such extreme measures to create a "testicle" look...totally bizarre..

Thanks alot for that info, your awesome!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.