Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
After all the great reviews on here, I would like to swap poppys food to ziwipeak. I have discovered petplanet sell it & ordered a 225g trial size pack but I'm not too sure of the portion size. The bag refers to a 'scoop' but presumably because it's a trial pack there is no scoop with it. Apparently 1 scoop is 56g and a 5kg dog has .75 of a scoop or 42g. As poppy weights 2.5kg this would mean she should have 21g a day.
I hope u veteran ziwipeak feeders can tell me if this is about right for her size?
My plan is to mix with her old kibble half & half, at least til the bag of kibble is used up.
I would really appreciate any advice.
Thanx

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
I am HORRIBLE with math and metric! haha! ZP is difficult enough for me to figure with a scoop but I have to say it is well worth it! I do not know if your baby is a puppy or not. I am sorry that I cannot remember. If so, you would double the portion fed. I am doing that until my girls are 1.

If my online conversion is right, she weighs 5.5 pounds. According to my handy ZP booklet, a 6.5 pound dog would get 3/4 scoop. I can measure my scoop tonight and let you know (is grams best for you?) about how much I think she should get unless you hear from others more helpful!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi there.
Thanx to both of u for your answers. My iPhone agrees with your conversion, she weights 5.5lbs. She is 1 1/2 years old in the 14 aug (yes her b-day is feburary 14th! A true heart dog:)
That would be great if u you could give me an idea of the weight in grams using the scoop, thank you!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts