Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was talking to Chloe's trainer about nutrition. She seems to have at least some knowledge of nutrition for dogs because she feeds her dog a 4 star food, was talking about how dogs don't need to eat grains, and that she's tried a raw diet with her dog, but he wouldn't eat it. She told me it's best to change flavors of dog food (within the same brand) because if dogs don't have a variety within their protein source it can cause allergies. She also said it's fine to feed fish if you're rotating flavors, but that you shouldn't only feed fish or fish flavored foods because they contain mercury. This makes some sense since people should only eat fish a couple times a week for the same reason. I just wanted to check with everyone here and see if y'all agree. I've never thought about changing flavors before and I just want to make sure if that is something I should or shouldn't do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.