Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the store today and found chicken (wings, thighs, and legs) for $2 a pound, so I stocked up and decided now would be the time to get Venus back on raw! I grabbed a pack of liver, and dehydrated most of it, then cut up a pack of wings, and put the rest of the chicken in the freezer. I know boney meat is best at first to keep poops more solid, so gave Venus a drumstick, and left a sliced wing out for Kitty. I know she likes raw meat, and she's eaten pieces of wing with bone before so I didn't expect a problem, but now she won't eat it :confused:
Is there a way to entice her? Are cats like dogs and will eat when they get hungry enough? How do I handle this?

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Go over to catster or a similar site and look up the raw fed cats section. Or the yahoo raw feeding list or FB page has advice for cats.

rawcat : Raw Cat

I know they can't be starved to raw. They will get a fatty liver disease. They MUST eat regularly. So if she won't eat raw, let her eat canned. Sometimes switching cats over can be tricky. I'd talk to people who have done it and are experienced.

Also there is another site but can't think of the name of it right now! Maybe ask the raw cat people or do a search.

Good luck! It's definitely the best thing for cats!! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts