Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has any idea of what is going on with Molly. Last night her muzzle was swollen. She wasn't in any pain and the inside of her mouth looked fine. She was not acting any differently. After a couple of hours, the swelling went down. When we woke up this morning, we noticed that she had a floppy ear. Upon investigating further, it appears to be swollen. Again, she is acting normally. If the ear doesn't improve, I plan on calling the vet tomorrow. She did jump out of my husbands hands outside yesterday, but didn't appear to hurt herself, so I am not sure that is the cause.:confused:

·
Registered
11,144 Posts
i have no idea why that happened but i hope she's okay :)

the only time a chi of mine had swelling of their muzzle was after they had a rabies vaccine.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I suppose it's a possibility that she got bitten by something. I did give her a little benadryl in case she was having an allergic reaction to something. I did not know how much I could give her, so I just gave a miniscule amount.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Molly Update

Molly's ears are back to normal. I guess we'll never know what that was all about. Thanks to all who replied.:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts