Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen the commercial for the tagg Tracking device? It's a gps tracker that is built into a collar. You get a text if your dog is out of a specified area, then you can tract them on your phone right to where they are.

I bought a trailer for my son and we had to take down part of the fence to get it into the back yard. Two of the crosspieces were rotted, we have the fence attached at the top, but the bottom is loose. I plan to get the two crosspieces tomorrow. Delilah and Sherman got out this morning. My son saw them and I was able to grab Sherman and Delilah ran back through the fence. By the time I put Sherman back in the house, Delilah got out again and went around the corner. Luckily she came right back when I caught up with her and called her, but it was scary as she was on a semi busy street. Delilah is always trying to run away. That's how she got her pelvis broke, she got out and was attacked by a pit bull before I got her. She only got out once since I got her and we immediately fixed the spot she dug out of. But I was thinking, with her especially, maybe I should get the tagg device. She already has her name and all her info on a tag on her collar, but that depends on the honesty of whomever finds her to bring her back. This way I would be able to find her myself.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
I have seen some GPS collars but so far I think they are pretty bulky. They sort of look like shock collars; with a plastic box thingie on it. I don't think my chi would be comfortable wearing it... when they manage to make them small enough to be within a **tag**, I would gladly attach one to my dogs' collars.
They may have already done this though; I haven't looked into them in a while. But last I knew they did not look like a tiny dog would be comfortable in one lol.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought that, too, but then I saw the cat tag one and it looked small enough that it wouldn't bother her.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts