Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We took Gunner for a well pup visit at 11 (minus one day) weeks when we first got him. He was 2.6 lbs then. We took him again today (16 weeks yesterday) and he's up to a whopping 3.1 lbs! Both of his parents were in the 7 lb range. Wanna take a stab at his adult weight? I know there is NO way to know for sure. This is just more for fun. My guess is that he'll top off at 6ish lbs.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Well, the chihuahua weight chart seems to have not been accurate for many. Guess I may be an exception. It has been very accurate for my oldest 2. That said, they are just 1 year old so they may not be finished growing. They have tracked 3.5-3.75 pounds from weeks old. They are currently 3.6 and 3.7 pounds. Our youngest came to us at 8 months so I have no idea how she would have charted.

3.1 pounds converted to ounces show him between 5 and 5.5 pounds on that chart.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What chart? Got a linky?

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
I have a question about this too beau is 9 months in a few days and is 3 lbs on the dot anyone think hell grow more? I was thinking he may fill out one day he's so skinny looks malnourished but he eats a lot we just switched him an prada to innova.

He's been 3lbs forever seems like he has just grown taller

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Chihuahua Growth Chart

Bijoux is the same and charting exactly as the chart predicted
Whoa. That chart is confusing. Glad someone already done the math for me.
I'd be tickled with 5-6 lbs. I didn't want a horse, but I didn't want a "teacup" neither. (I know. No one stone me for using the teacup word.;))

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
I have a question about this too beau is 9 months in a few days and is 3 lbs on the dot anyone think hell grow more? I was thinking he may fill out one day he's so skinny looks malnourished but he eats a lot we just switched him an prada to innova.

He's been 3lbs forever seems like he has just grown taller
Well, because I am a nerd and because I want my own information to compare, I recently dropped all 3 girl's weights into excel spreadsheets. I have date, age and weight for each.

I found it interesting that my two oldest girls have not budged on weight since they were 9 months and 10 months. Only time will tell if they continue to grow or if this is it.

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Whoa. That chart is confusing. Glad someone already done the math for me.
I'd be tickled with 5-6 lbs. I didn't want a horse, but I didn't want a "teacup" neither. (I know. No one stone me for using the teacup word.;))
5-6 lbs is perfect I have 2 that are 8 lbs ATM and its just as good I didn't realize how tiny 3 lbs really is for an adult downside is nothing at all fits can't find collars clothes coats he freezes prada can't rough house him etc.

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Well, because I am a nerd and because I want my own information to compare, I recently dropped all 3 girl's weights into excel spreadsheets. I have date, age and weight for each.

I found it interesting that my two oldest girls have not budged on weight since they were 9 months and 10 months. Only time will tell if they continue to grow or if this is it.
It will definitely be interesting I wish I did that I can't remember his 8 week weight I think it was 1.2-1.4 lbs I'd have to ask the vet when he goes again.

Are yours really thin? I can't remember beau is skin and bones on stilts lol

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Gunner is a skinny guy on stilts too. He's really gangly looking right now.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
DEER all the way. When he's looking at me from across the yard he looks just like a gray deer. He even flicks his ears like a deer.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
hi my buster is 1 since august hes weighed around 6 and 1/2 pounds since 11 months so i think hes stopped gaining weight hes very long and tall also he measures 9 inches to shoulders

1 - 16 of 16 Posts