Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it correct that all I need to take the girls from the US to Canada (and back) is a copy of their rabies certificate?

We would be going by car. From the US border to Niagara Falls and back out in the same day.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
You will need a health certificate as well....well depending. My brother when he comes to visit brings his dog and usually all he needs is a Rabies certificate to get back into Canada (he lives in Cardston), a couple of times he's had to have a health certificate depending on who's at the border.

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
I have taken Zoey and all I needed was the rabies cert/tag. My friend spent $75 to get a health cert and never needed it for her dog.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Ive only ever been asked for rabies, if anything at all. It would probably be a good idea to ask your vet for a printout of their recent vaccines/vet visits just to have on hand in case they ask for more than the rabies, but usually they arent fussed about it. Canadian customs agents in general are much more easy going than US, and since you live on the american side they arent likely to give you any problems coming back anyway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts