Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to get his final puppy shot on friday. I've been putting it off for months due to his reaction to the second shot. :( But because of that I haven't taken him out anywhere (unless he was in my arms) and that obviously isn't doing him any good not getting more socialized and seeing more things..etc.
He will be going trick or treating with us so i thought i'd better get on the ball.
I am going to start him on childrens benadryl tomorrow and another dose on friday before we go. The vet is also going to pretreat the little man b4 the shot so hopefully he won't react.
As far as rabies shot, i haven't decided on that one yet.
Would appreciate prayers and good thoughts for the little fella...he is very special to his mama !:love7::angel13:

·
Registered
227 Posts
Be thinking of u. I know how u feel, poppy had a terrible reaction to her booster in may & was ill for 3 weeks..... I'm already worried about what to do nxt year.... Our vet offered us pre treatment with antihistamine so would like to hear how it goes x

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Aw poor Finn; good luck to him!! Isn't the Rabies vaccine required by law? In my state a dog has to have the Rabies vaccine by the time he is 4 months old. AFTER the initial shot though, you can get titers every year to check for immunity and then be exempt from the actual shot which is what we do.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts