Chihuahua People Forum banner

Tango and Jazz Vet visit

640 views 16 replies 16 participants last post by  LittleHead 
#1 ·
It was a wellness check for both, and Tango was due for one of his shots. Because they're so small, my Vet spaces out the dogs' shots so their systems don't get overloaded with all the vaccines at once.

In the car, traveling to the clinic.

All done, and they're pooped! :D

We stopped for gas. They got very interested in the car at the adjacent pump!

They're really good at the clinic. And the folks there make such a fuss over them too. They get tired out, not from the procedures, but from all the interaction with the staff. :D

Tango remains at his ideal weight. He's 3 lbs 10 ozs. He varies an ounce or two each visit but stays within the 3 lb 8 - 11 oz range.

Jazz has gained some. I expected that. She's now at 4 lbs 1 oz. I expected she'd be heavier, but we weighed her twice. Almost 1 year ago today (at 11 weeks) she was 1 lb 8 oz. At her spay date last November, (she was 4 1/2 months old then) she weighed in at 2 lbs 13 oz. And now she's just over 4 pounds. I expect she'll do what Tango did. She won't get any taller or longer, but she'll fill out some, very slowly, within the next year. We expect her to get to around 4 1/2 lbs at her mature weight.

We went by the pet store to get them a treat and for some socialization time, and they had lots of fun both there and at the clinic, but now they are VERY happy to be home! Crashed out, both of them, on the couch. :hello1:

See less See more
#2 ·
I love seeing pics of Tango and Jazzy.. and these in the car are adorable! Such precious little faces.. also loving the striped bed..

#8 ·
I have so many beds for them I'm embarrassed! There's at least one bed in every room, the hallway, the bathroom, plus their crates, plus various carriers etc. Not to mention the several spares I always have...y'know, for when you have to wash one so you can put another one out? So they're not deprived lol! That striped one I just keep in the garage and when I'm going somewhere with them, I throw it on the passenger seat and they're happy to hang out in it. If I didn't, they'd be trying to fight each other to climb on my lap!

They can't jump into the car by themselves, or at least they act like they can't. (The couch is higher, and they have NO trouble jumping up and down from that! Think I'm being played?) Anyway, our routine is that I sit in the car first and they're still outside of it. Then they both put their paws up on the side of the seat, and I pick them up one at a time, and put them in my lap. Then I tell them "In your seat!" just like I do when I say "in your crate!" And they leap over the console and settle down in the bed. It's very handy. If the bed's there, they get in it and they never try to get in my lap. If it's not, they think that's the signal to get on ME.

Thanks for all your sweet comments. The picture quality isn't as good as I like, because I took them with my cell phone, but regardless it captured the moment.

#15 ·
That striped one I just keep in the garage and when I'm going somewhere with them, I throw it on the passenger seat and they're happy to hang out in it. If I didn't, they'd be trying to fight each other to climb on my lap!

They are gorgeous, glad it went so well. I love the colour of the striped bed.

Please don't think i'm being mean but can i ask ..thats just a normal dog bed on the passenger seat, they aren't restrained in case of accident? if thats just a normal dog bed which they are in and it's not tied into the car somehow and they in turn aren't tied into the bed that would be awful in the event of a crash. I hope i'm wrong :) and misunderstood.

if i have understood correctly please do think about a proper car seat to clip them into, i would hate to think of what could happen. You can get so many types of dog seats and dog seat belts, there is no need to have them unsecured and go flying through the windscreen :( if you stop suddenly.

#16 ·
This makes me want another chi even more. :( They are so cute together snuggling in their bed. :D
I get what you're saying about the interaction. LOL Chis do get Alot of attention. Whenever i take leila out she always gets ooh and aahs. But it's mostly from females. I guess I need to get her an NFL jersey then maybe the male sex would notice too!! lol :laughing8:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.