Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering if you gave your chi's tap water or mineral water ?
i want to give them mineral water ...or is this over the top ??
do they benefit from it ?

kisses nat

·
Registered
521 Posts
Very caring chi mum! But i don't really know how necessary it is. If you're worried about stuff in tap water you could always filter it. Ruby has filtered water most of the time because we always have it on hand for ourselves.

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
SPRING only!!!!!!! Filtered if I have no choice but I usually make sure they have a choice. :wave:

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:D :D :D ok

spring or mineral water it is then :wink:
i have no filter ....so i have to give water from the bottle (my bf 's a water drinker...so i have it available all the time :twisted: )

i think we have spa mineral water ........is that much difference with spring water ?

kisses nat

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
i'm not sure of the difference... chiwi gets filtered water at home and i bring spring water with us when we are out. i encountered a close minded person once when i was giving chiwi her water and she was like "bottled water? it's a dog" and she rolled her eyes. so i went with it, i said oh you have to be kidding, nothing but evian for my baby. and i said it with a snooty type attitude....

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
might want to watch with minerals. I know that you can build up too many. Not sure though technicallly what is in it! :?

Puppet that was perfect!! :D :D

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Gizmo drinks bottled water, whatever brand we buy, I don't trust tap since I lived in Germany growing up, I got used to drinking bottled..both of my pups drink it...I think this week it's zephyrhills...hehehe :D

Evian...lol... :wave:

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
We all drink Brita filtered water here, pets as well as we humans. I also keep single-sized bottles of water on hand to take along when I'm out running errands. :)

·
Registered
936 Posts
Hehe...Seiah drinks Aquafina or Sparkletts. Seiah always has a bottle of water around, one in Ash's car...one next to his pen...and one at work. It's sad really, if we run out of water we drink tap, but not Seiah...oh no Seiah always has bottled water around :roll: ...LOL.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Ive heard that drinking lots of mineral water can cause kidney stones in people when the minerals build up. Duno if it affects animals the same way :?

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
A lot of tap water is perfectly safe for human consumption. Our water company gives us a list of what our water contains and what percentage. We have arsenic and many other things in our tap water that the EPA says is safe in small amouts. My concern is the size of our Chis. What is safe for a 150 pound human may not be safe in such small pets. I'm no chemist, so this is just my opinion. :)

·
Registered
825 Posts
Gosh arsenic in the water :( I dont blame you for not drinking it!
Yes where definately in the minority Jasmins mum :lol:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts