Chihuahua People Forum banner

tap water or mineral water ??

3K views 41 replies 26 participants last post by  Kristin 
#1 ·
i was wondering if you gave your chi's tap water or mineral water ?
i want to give them mineral water ...or is this over the top ??
do they benefit from it ?

kisses nat

#4 ·
:D :D :D ok

spring or mineral water it is then :wink:
i have no filter ....so i have to give water from the bottle (my bf 's a water drinker...so i have it available all the time :twisted: )

i think we have spa mineral water ........is that much difference with spring water ?

kisses nat

#5 ·
i'm not sure of the difference... chiwi gets filtered water at home and i bring spring water with us when we are out. i encountered a close minded person once when i was giving chiwi her water and she was like "bottled water? it's a dog" and she rolled her eyes. so i went with it, i said oh you have to be kidding, nothing but evian for my baby. and i said it with a snooty type attitude....

#9 ·
Gizmo drinks bottled water, whatever brand we buy, I don't trust tap since I lived in Germany growing up, I got used to drinking bottled..both of my pups drink it...I think this week it's zephyrhills...hehehe :D

Evian...lol... :wave:

#17 ·
A lot of tap water is perfectly safe for human consumption. Our water company gives us a list of what our water contains and what percentage. We have arsenic and many other things in our tap water that the EPA says is safe in small amouts. My concern is the size of our Chis. What is safe for a 150 pound human may not be safe in such small pets. I'm no chemist, so this is just my opinion. :)

#22 ·
Armando... said:
We all drink tap water here...I've been thinking about buying one of those fountains/filters for dogs that they sell...but I don't know how good they are...has anyone tried them?
i had one when i had my pit bull. it worked fine for a week then he destroyed it :shock: i bet it would be great for a small dog or even a large dog as long as he doesn't like to see this expression on the owners face> :evil: :x like my pit did.

#26 ·
We went to Home Depot and bought a filter that you put under the sink. The filters only have to be changed every six months. The water is excellent. It is also cheaper to use than buying bottled water. Which, by the way is not "regulated" like the tap water??? I bought a case of cheap bottled water and just refill the bottles with "filtered tap water". :D Just be sure and wash your bottles well after using.

sandra

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.