Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what causes tape worms? how serious is it if my puppy gets tapeworms , is this deadly i dont have a vet appt til next tuesday is this an emergency?

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Tapeworms are because your chi as ingested a flea/fleas. And I would not wait until next week, I would get him in as soon as you can. You dont want him to get really sick. How do you know its tape worm?

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i thought i saw a beige or like sand color look thing that was small moving around, and he's been dragging his but on the ground lately

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
tapeworms look like grains of rice, and roundworms look long like a piece of spaghetti noodle. I would still get him in as soon as you can, could you imagine having those things in your tummy ewwww :(

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea it was a little large than rice, do you know what they will give to me to fix this and whats the average cost of the medicine

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
OK there are several medications there is Praziquantel, Nemex, Pyrantel Pamoate. And I guess it would depend on where you live on the price and what your vet uses. :? I buy my wormer's on line and do it myself, but I have 15 years of experience too. So that is an option.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
give me an idea so i know how much cash to bring if i have the vet do it what would you say it would cost on average.

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
A poop sample can be like $25 or less depends.......you need to take a fresh one with you.

The pill is less than $5 most likely, then if you bring the dog in you may occur an office visit...that depends also on your vet. You can probably take the poo sample drop it off, get the pill and keep your other visit.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Kemo's mamma said:
A poop sample can be like $25 or less depends.......you need to take a fresh one with you.

The pill is less than $5 most likely, then if you bring the dog in you may occur an office visit...that depends also on your vet. You can probably take the poo sample drop it off, get the pill and keep your other visit.

Yep you took the words right out of my mouth :wink:

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
im taking him in for a checkup in the next few days they should be able to do all this at one vistit?

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Tyson,

I would call your vet and ask them just how much it will be, sometimes if you just take in a poo sample they dont need to see him, if they have seen him before. PLEASE dont make this baby suffer a week with worms!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i tried calling about 15mins ago and their out of the office til 1:15 so i will have to call back then

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
no i havent ordered anyting due to him being so small im going to wait til he gets a little bigger and can fit in someting

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
no if you check my previous posts i said that he was too small to fit most everything the only thing i did order was a gucci collar and leash but his neck is to small right now to even wear a collar

1 - 20 of 26 Posts