Chihuahua People Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Frasier's Mommy said:
Drontal plus is about $20 per pill, probably more or less depending on your area. But, it's like a Schwarzenegger attack on almost all worms.
That is what they charged you???? WOW mine wasnt even $5...........its a great little pill.

·
Registered
518 Posts
We used the vet in Pet Smart which I think charges as if it was an emergency vet. My regular vet couldn't see us for two days. I wanted the pill immediately because I couldn't deal with the idea of worms in Frasier's cute little tummy. I assumed we were being charged too much but didn't realize how much untill you said $5. However, I am happy the worms are gone.

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Frasier's Mommy said:
We used the vet in Pet Smart which I think charges as if it was an emergency vet. My regular vet couldn't see us for two days. I wanted the pill immediately because I couldn't deal with the idea of worms in Frasier's cute little tummy. I assumed we were being charged too much but didn't realize how much untill you said $5. However, I am happy the worms are gone.
That explains alot.........Petsmart. I had a bad experience with them. :(

·
Registered
253 Posts
I just went to my vets yesterday to pick up a dewormer for my cat who always gets a bad case of worms as she eats mice. The stuff on the shelf (hartz) doesn't work at all. My vet is great, she doesn't make me bring her in every time. I was charged 17.00 for four pills of Drontal. I have to give her two now and two more in ten days. You must give them another dose in ten days as the first pill will not kill the eggs that have not hatched. :shock:
She's a ten pound cat so she needed two pills. :D

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
KEMO"S MOMMA--- i HAD A HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE WITH A VET AT PETSMART ALSO. I took Bruiser in there when he was a puppy, it was on the weekend and they were the only ones who had a Vet on call. Bruiser was just miserable scatching and crying with his skin. This Vet told us that he had a horrible skin disease (demodectic mange). He told us that he probably got it from his mother and we were scammed. He would not listen to anything we tried to tell him!!!! :evil: He said, "There is no such thing as dog allergies". Bruiser's skin would only turn red when he went outside and layed in the grass. Anyway, he said they needed to treat this so-called mange aggresively. They took Bruiser and dipped him in "Mitaban"! He was sick for days after they treated him. I did some research and this is a highy toxic insectiside!! It is not even supposed to be used on dogs under 10lbs.!!! I ended up takind thm to another Vet and all Bruiser had was a simple puppy skin allergy! It cleared up on its own. It still makes me furious when I think about it.... :evil:

sandra

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
sjc said:
KEMO"S MOMMA--- i HAD A HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE WITH A VET AT PETSMART ALSO. I took Bruiser in there when he was a puppy, it was on the weekend and they were the only ones who had a Vet on call. Bruiser was just miserable scatching and crying with his skin. This Vet told us that he had a horrible skin disease (demodectic mange). He told us that he probably got it from his mother and we were scammed. He would not listen to anything we tried to tell him!!!! :evil: He said, "There is no such thing as dog allergies". Bruiser's skin would only turn red when he went outside and layed in the grass. Anyway, he said they needed to treat this so-called mange aggresively. They took Bruiser and dipped him in "Mitaban"! He was sick for days after they treated him. I did some research and this is a highy toxic insectiside!! It is not even supposed to be used on dogs under 10lbs.!!! I ended up takind thm to another Vet and all Bruiser had was a simple puppy skin allergy! It cleared up on its own. It still makes me furious when I think about it.... :evil:

sandra
QUACKS!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
They made my baby sick for over a month -- giving him some BAD antibiotic that screwed up his intestines forever......THERE WAS nothing wrong with him either--then she wrote (found out later) that he had dermititus(?) all it was --he was shedding...I cant stand her and i told evryone that would listen not to go there :x

21 - 26 of 26 Posts