Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone tape ears? both my males were sticking up but the just started flopping down i guess they just started teething they're both 8 weeks

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
I was told to do this when my sheltie was a puppy as his ears should flop at the ends,made no difference at all,his ears are still up 14 years later

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
The ears will go up and down as they are teething. I am sure they will stand up eventually.

·
Registered
266 Posts
People don't crop( cut off parts) chihuahua ears do they?.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I got my Lily when she was 8 weeks. Her ears stood fully one week later. Give it time.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
I wouldnt bother at this point. My Mileys ears still werent up, and hadnt been up at all, when she was 4 months+. Her breeder was surprised to see in the pics I sent that they werent up and suggested I start taping if I wanted them to stand. I never did anything and they came up eventually.
Its normal for them to go up and down through teething, particularly if his ears have been up already I wouldnt worry, theyll stand on their own.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
People don't crop( cut off parts) chihuahua ears do they?.
No...they tape the ear that exists in a manner that helps the cartilage form allowing the ear to stand earlier, or stand if it otherwise might not. Pet people usually don't, but can...if a pup is going to be showed, 99% of the time if they aren't up by 8 weeks their ears will be helped along to stand as ears not standing is a DQ for chis.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for all the quick replies, just wanted to hear that everything is normal, same thing happened with my bull terriers but they only flopped for a few days, they seem to be wanting to stand back up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts