Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couple questions:

Will it hurt Minnie to give her the adult formula (she is 6 months)? I can't seem to find the puppy formula....

Are the adult formula kibbles small enough for her tiny mouth?

Can she use the different flavors for variety providing she likes and handles TOTW well or would that be a bad thing?

·
Registered
912 Posts
If you can't find the puppy and want to stick with TOTW, I would try to find the Sierra Mountain one with Roasted Lamb. It is considered an "all-life-stages" food and still has the things she needs. Mainly they add DHA to puppy food, I believe it helps with brain/mental development.

·
Registered
311 Posts
My boss has a brand of food that he uses on his yorkies. The kibble isn't small enough so he crunches/ cracks up a bunch at a clip with a pair of pliers that were sanitized and it's the "crunch tool". I believe he has 5 of the little jokers ~ but he says it goes quick and easy & it keeps his wife happy so that's what they do.

I know my Dad uses TotW for his dog Max (my son and I actually actually rescued him) and it was apparent early on he was obviously my Dad's dog. He really likes the food and Max has without a doubt one of the nicest coats I have ever seen. If you could have seen him the day my Alex brought him home, covered and I do mean covered in ticks and just in need of major loving. We have gotten the Lyme disease under control, he is on a treatment plan and he lives like a King. He's a pillow hog, Dad says it's coming to blows soon, lol ~ we just love him and the food really did wonders for him. He is a large breed though so I am absolutely no help as it relates to how it would work for a chi. But I do know my Dad is very pleased with how the food has been to him.

·
Registered
157 Posts
TOTW is only an 'all-life- stages' food. This is what I feed to both my dogs. I switch proteins every bag with half old bag half new bag a few days. A 30lb bag last about a month. Bianca has no trouble with the size and she's missing 8 teeth. I'd compare the size to a bit bigger then a pencil eraser. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
The regular version of TOTW is fine and was considered "all life stages" for the longest time. Only recently, "mid-november" quoted from their site, did they start integrating a puppy formula. Here's the link to their info about it.

"Puppies that started on an adult formula can continue on that formula, however, if a customer would like their puppy to benefit from the additional nutrients in the puppy formulas, they can transition from one of the adult formulas. "

Taste of the Wild : Promotions

·
Registered
225 Posts
I started my girls on totw pacific stream about a month and a half ago, They just finished the bag so i started them on high prarie. They're now 5 months. It's considered "all-life-stages" so I had no issue using it.

Then a few weeks ago I see that there is now a puppy formula. Well I stocked up on totw and they do great on it do I feel no reason to go with the puppy formula.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts