Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Yummy! Brody says that looks DELICIOUS!!!!

·
Registered
609 Posts
I so iffy on raw food...doesnt it make a huge mess? Is it always safe to give? You dont have to worry about them getting sick or anything since its not cooked?

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
I so iffy on raw food...doesnt it make a huge mess? Is it always safe to give? You dont have to worry about them getting sick or anything since its not cooked?
Nope. Dogs digestive systems kill bacteria. Prey model raw is actually the best, most biologically appropriate diet for dogs. As long as they don't have immune system problems, a raw diet, or a raw meaty bone now and then, is great.

Toby gets a few raw meaty bones a week- they are great for oral health.

Sent from Petguide.com App

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Yummy yummy in puppy tummies!!! :p
My crew would be jealous, if they weren't passed out sleeping with
full bellies right now...that includes the hubby, he loves ribs too! ;)

·
Banned
10,704 Posts

The mess depends on who is feeding the dogs. I personally am a very neat and
organized person, my bunch eat in certain locations designated for meal time,
which get disinfected instantly after the meals are done, 20 seconds to clean
up, no biggie. Raw is by far the best diet for a dog, as long as it is properly
portioned and rotated. My four are all raw fed. 2.5 pound Bella was our latest
rescue who came to us ill and under 2 pounds, raw saved her, she bloomed from
it, inside and out. I fed her Orijen which is the best kibble on the market at the
moment, for the first little while until I got her used to raw, and once she got
a hang of it she never went back. All my dogs are issue dogs, all are thriving
thanks to their raw diets. There are a LOT of great threads/posts on this
forum about raw, I particularly enjoy the ones by Brodysmom, if you are
interested have a read, it's worth it.

·
Banned
5,610 Posts
I thought the same thing about the mess, but it's really not a big deal. I put a kitchen towel down on our laminate flooring and put little gates around it and Odie stays in there while she eats. It gives her some peace and quiet from the cats who are always interested in what she has. Now when she sees me get a towel, she goes running to her spot!

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
^^ agreed. I use a couple of old bathroom towels as honey likes to spread out lol. If she tries to drag her raw off the towel I just put it back on. She knows now to eat it on the towel or it goes away! I put it straight in the wash after and do a quick wipe of the floor just in case x

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
I'll take some. :D Cooked, of course. :lol: Lots of yum yum there! So cute!! :)

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
i was expectin like a bbq grilled meat...mmm on a hot savory plate with nommy toppings....and then i see raw -.- but u made it up with the furballs :D yay for cuteness

1 - 13 of 13 Posts