Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bf and I both love tattoos :) I only have one but, he's got 2. I have some pics of em :). I'm not really sure what they mean. But, I do remember that the first one (on his chest) he got around the time he filed for divorce from his ex-wife, and the second (on his back obviously) he got around the time it was final. So, they mean something to him I guess. I was actually supposed to get the one he has on his chest, on my lower back. So that we could match. But, I'm a firm believer in NOT branding yourself for a guy or band. The only thing I will have tattoo'd on my body that has to do with someone else is my sons name. He was a little upset but I know that if I would have done it, we would have broken up within' weeks. Then I woulda been left there with someone elses tat on my lower back. So, no way lol. Anyways- there we go. Bf actually wants to have tats on his arms and he wants the whole thing to like hook up or something. He explains it better than I do cause I can't really visualize it lol.

I got mine after I broke up with my ex Brad. His best friend actually did it for me :). It's my only one for a while until I'm completely sure of what I want. But there are for sure more to come for me :)

·
Registered
936 Posts
Don't worry I understand what your bf wants to do :wink: . That's cool though, I'm waiting to make an appointment for my third tat sometime soon. I'm getting my grandma's name in Korean on my left side right underneath my "chest" on my rib area. I want it as close to my heart as possible without it being on my "chest".

·
Registered
587 Posts
Dont feel bad. I am a firm believer of not branding yourself either. I think it is stupid. What happens if you break up? Then what? Your stuck with a constant reminder of him FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE! I wont ever get tattoos Unless they are very meaninful. the way i look at it is if i was 80 years old would i want this? probably not. i dont have a problem with others gettin them done because i think they are beautiful works of art (well most of them) and they are pretty to look at. its just not my thing!

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
Glad you didn't do that! Don't ever get a tattoo for a guy, not even if he was your husband! My bf does tattoos and I am often in the shop. The MAJORITY of tattoos he does is cover ups of someone's name or changing a tattoo that they got 'for' someone else. BIG MISTAKE!! :D

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's all I could see when he was telling me he wanted me to do it Kari lol I kept seeing me having to wear that awful thing until I got enough money together to do the cover up. So, I'd be wearing that for only god knows how long. Blah! I don't like it that much lol. My ex's friend did them too and that's one of the first things he taught me while I was hanging out up there. "You don't get peirced at the mall" and "You only get tats that mean something to YOU." and of course, "never get bands or SO's names tat'd on you ANYWHERE." :)

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
I think the art of tattooing is just that - it's an art. And I wouldn't want to put anything on my body permanently that wouldn't mean something to me when I'm 40, 50, or 90.

I have four tattoos and all of them mean something to me. My favorite is my Marvin the Martian tattoo where he's holding the Texas flag. I'm a Texan and, as most people know, Texans take their "Texan-hood" seriously.

I don't know what I'm talking about anymore. My sister is yapping on the phone. :roll:

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
i have a shark ,because of the fact ..i will always be fascinated by them ....i mean is there something cooler on the earth :?:
i have that tattoo for 4 years now and i still LOVE it :D , it's also timeless , it's not a tattoo as a fashion statement ....it's MY statement

kisses nat

·
Registered
5,286 Posts
lol my friend really made a statement when she was with her bf and he got her to get all these tatts of HIS name and things that ment alot to HIM and lol when they broke up she was left with 13 tattoos!

2 places his name,3 places the first letter of his name,his zodic sign,his birthday,the day they met, and 5 "sins" that desribe him. i told her that shes' crayz but she said that's love! but he don't have not one tattoo of her on his go figure! :?

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yikes! I would soooo not do that! I do admit that I would get a tat to remember a relationship. Like...my PB tat is actually something that will always remind me of my ex. I don't mind because I loved him a lot. However, I would not ever get a tat of something that meant something to someone else. If I was your friend, I would have gotten them all taken off.

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
Jamoka said:
lol my friend really made a statement when she was with her bf and he got her to get all these tatts of HIS name and things that ment alot to HIM and lol when they broke up she was left with 13 tattoos!

2 places his name,3 places the first letter of his name,his zodic sign,his birthday,the day they met, and 5 "sins" that desribe him. i told her that shes' crayz but she said that's love! but he don't have not one tattoo of her on his go figure! :?
:roll: :roll: :roll: That is just ridiculous!

An aquaintance of mine recently got his girlfriend to get his name tattooed on the side of her neck. And it is so huge, it's quite disgusting that she'll be left with that after they break up.

·
Registered
5,286 Posts
well that's what she's try'n to do but in her mind she still wants to keep them. so she has yet to make an appt. with a dr.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts