I forgot how frustrating it was to teach Coco to walk on the leash... LOL

Playing in the back garden

Nooo what you doin to me!?!?!

Take it off

I says take it off now!!

Seriously WHAT is THIS!!?!!

I no like leash ok...

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

I is tired now even if my daddy carried me around the park...

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
She is so cute! oh gosh I remember when mine were learning to walk on a leash, they are very good now but they still hate the leash.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Ha ha that's so funny she's a stubborn little thing, you'll have to walk in front of her tempting her along with little treats, that's what we did to get them to walk forward. X

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
She will get it....shes such a sweet thing!
Yeah, I just need to be patient. :)

She looks so cute even if she doesn't like it.

I do not think I have ever had a dog that objected to the leash. I know Jaxx had no problem with it. I guess I have been very lucky.
Awww so cute! Odie never hated her leash but wasn't that fond of her harness.
You guys are lucky!! It took a while with Coco and even once she was fine with us, she sometimes refused to walk if someone else was holding the leash. lol

Lilo doesn't mind her harness at all actually. Tbh she doesn't really want to walk even off the leash. I don't think the breeder exercised her much. I can tell she's becoming a lot more energetic and playful every day so I think it's just a matter of time. :)

·
Premium Member
2,899 Posts
She is precious, she will get in time...I hope.:D I put Ike's harness on him and leash at first I just let him run around the house , then the back yard, before I started holding it. Once her saw our pug with the harness and leash he got the picture. First walk out the front door he was resistant, but my pug took off on her leash, and he followed.

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
She is precious, she will get in time...I hope.:D I put Ike's harness on him and leash at first I just let him run around the house , then the back yard, before I started holding it. Once her saw our pug with the harness and leash he got the picture. First walk out the front door he was resistant, but my pug took off on her leash, and he followed.
Oh I'm going to try that! :) I'm also babysitting a friend's dog tomorrow in the day. I hadn't thought about that, but it would be great if she learns from him like Ike learnt from your pug. :D

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
I was going to suggest the same thing Evelyn said! You just have to sort of play with her while you aren't actually holding it or she will probably chew it!
She is such a cutie!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts