Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I absolutely can not stand hearing people refer to Chis as being "normal" or "teacup"! I know a lot of you feel the same way by reading previous posts. I saw a great pet carrier advertised in a Big Lots salepaper and went to pick it up last night. I was looking through them trying to find the right size and came across an Extra Small. It read that it was for dogs/cats up to 10 lbs. and compatible to "Teacup Chihuahuas and Yorkshire Terriers". Teacups?! THERE IS NO SUCH THING!!!

Sorry if this is moreorless a rant, but I had to get this out...lol...I feel much better now. :D

·
Registered
634 Posts
People keep asking me if I'm getting a Teacup Chi and it drives me crazy. I explain there is no such thing and try to educate them. Unfortunately, it's used so much, people just think it's *right*. Sigh. :(

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I know. The breeders around here advertise in newspapers and always put "Teacup" in everything. It's crazy, really. And when you try to educate people, like you were saying, they only say, "Well, it IS a teacup, because that's what the breeder said!" Breeders, of all people, should know better. It just kind of took me by surprise that it was printed on a product box.

·
Registered
106 Posts
tea cups....

Yes I hear that all the time when we take Chassis out in public, she is 2.4 pounds and people always say Oh look at the little t-cup, or they ask is she a t-cup... Most the time I just be polite and say she is just extra small.. But if they ask I tell them there are no t-cups.... I think that phrase will be around as long as there are Chi's... We all know the truth !!!

Beth & Smidgen & Chassis

1 - 5 of 5 Posts