Chihuahua People Forum banner

161 - 180 of 195 Posts

·
Administrator
5,713 Posts
Totally agree with what LeStatKelly has said. Brood bitches have to be a healthy weight, not super tiny. No responsible breeder would consider using a bitch under 3.5lbs.
Where on earth did the term 'tea cup' come from anyway? Are you supposed to put them in tea cups? Why would you want to do that? The mind boggles.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Totally agree with what LeStatKelly has said. Brood bitches have to be a healthy weight, not super tiny. No responsible breeder would consider using a bitch under 3.5lbs.
Where on earth did the term 'tea cup' come from anyway? Are you supposed to put them in tea cups? Why would you want to do that? The mind boggles.
LOL! yeah seriously if you use google and such tea cup puppies it comes up with a LOAD of dogs in tea cups! LOL x

·
Registered
236 Posts
Around 29 years ago I bought a show yorkshire terrier pu, I picked the smallest male in the litter, from the ozmillion and patterjohn lines that was supposed to get to around 4lbs in weight! He got to 2lbs 11ozs.

I'm afraid that I used to enjoy taking pics of him in the half pint 'dimple' lager glasses.....simply because I was young and stupid and he fit and he looked so cute.
He was pure evil and attacked my kids on a regular basis even though they never bothered him! He eventually became 'safe' around my kids but no others.

He would have been a 'dimple pot' puppy.....lol

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Great info...validates my response as a newbie

This is a question I get all the time about Lily, shown here at almost 5 mos.
it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that there is no such thing as a "teacup". I was able to find that out after 5 min. Of research into this new, for me, breed!

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Remember, too, that some of the stars think their dog's job is to ride in a purse and make them look better. I'm still shuddering and sick after reading about Madonna's famous chis and how they ended up abused and one died from the abuse according to the article.

·
Registered
6 Posts
OMG she have all the money to hire someone to take care of her chihuahuas how can she treat her chi that way :((

I have 2 chi ATM, and 1 is very small size. I am so worried about her right now because she so small and fragile. I hope she can grow big and healthy like the other.

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Read the In Touch story about Madonna's Chihuahuas written by Chihuahua Rescue's Robyn Berkenfeld

I just googled ''Madonna's chihuahuas'' and it came up with a few :foxes15: Absolutely unbelievable :eek: Not just for the fact that she could bear to part with her dogs!!!!!!! :eek:

A dog is for life.....unless you're some stupid featherhead 'celebrity' :mad:
This made me cry. :*( How can anyone be so cruel? Many things have changed over the course of the last 6 1/2 years that I've been a Chi owner, but the care of my dogs are always a priority to me, and always will be. It pisses me off to no end how people look at pets as disposable when they no longer fit into their lifestyle. The abuse part is even worse! How do people do these things? It's sickening and saddening. It absolutely infuriates me, and breaks my heart at the same time.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Glad I read this, I honestly had no idea. But I will be informing people now. We have a little tiny girl, but she hasn't been walked yet so when she does get out and about and people ask I will be telling them NO SUCH THING AS A TEACUP.

I was going to ask in another thread if there is an actual apple head and deer head or is that all just another big myth as well. The only reason I ask is because we were told by the breeder we had 2 apple head Chihuahua's. We had no bother as long as it was our two girls. But one has a very 'apple' head, small, round, big eyes. And the other is completely opposite 'long nose, longer face, which makes me think its all part of the selling scam.

·
Premium Member
6,744 Posts
in our breed standard in the UK the head is actually described as "Well rounded ‘apple dome’ skull"...deer head is not actually a type its just what some people seem to use to describe the shape of a head with the longer muzzle and less defined stop

·
Registered
29 Posts
People do this to Poodles as well they sale them as AKC teacup poodles and I've asked quite a few do the AKC papers state TEACUP as they would for Toy,Standard,etc and the response is always no,and so I saw well then I guess you don't have AKC TEACUP poodles you have a very small toy. I've said this to people when I was looking to get our Chi as well.

161 - 180 of 195 Posts