Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am really tired of the teacup thing!!
I went to the pet store today and looked at a couple of new chis they had....i told the girl i had sonny bear and he was only a little over 2 lbs at 6 months...she goes, oh, is he a teacup?
THEN i look in the paper today, someone is selling chis, TEACUP chis for $900 a piece! UG!

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
*sigh* i know...when will people learn? :roll:

i always check the classifieds for my mother in law because she's looking for a pomeranian pup, (she's getting a pug in a few weeks and wants it to have a friend to play with) and i check out the chi ads...almost EVERY ad it says "teacup" or "tiny pocket teacups" some ads even say "carefully bred to be the smallest around." it just makes me sick, and these pups go for like $800 or more! I wish people who are thinking about getting a chi educate themselves before they fall for the "teacup" marketing ploy.

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
CooperChi said:
I know what you mean, it drives me nuts too! :roll: (your chi is tiny! Do you have a picture of him posted?)
Yes I would LOVE to see a pic of him! :D

The teacup thing is RIDICULOUS!!! :x

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I think you should tell these "TEACUP" people they are selling very highly priced cups im sure u couldgo to a dollar store and get one 4 a dollar!!!!!

Hahahahahahaha!

·
Registered
587 Posts
Oh did you guys know about the FIVE TYPES OF CHIHUAHUAS?!?! Well! Me either! So this is what this man selling pups insisted on telling me. That there are FIVE TYPES! Applehead (right), REIN-deer EARED (huh?), Long Haired, Medium Haired and shorthaired.... YEP! Those are the five types! IDIOT! I insisted on telling him there are 2 types and they can have different coats but no. he wouldnt listen. Oh and there are FIVE SIZES! Large (above 9 lbs), medium (7-9 lbs) standard (4-6lbs) mini (2.5-4lbs) and teacup :evil: (anything below 2.5). I told him there is ONE SIZE its called STANDARD and its anywhere from 2-6 lbs. He wouldnt listen to that either! Then another lady backed me up and he said maybe your right. Anyways he was selling all these chi's, all ages and types. There was this little black girl with a white chest. About 11 weeks old (she looks older), a very cobby body, and just the sweetest thing. I wanted to get her but his dad wouldnt go down in price. I am thinking of getting her anyways... should i? I feel uncomfortable with the man but these dogs deserve so much better! And she is beautiful! What should i do? :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts