Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
www.eyeenvy.com

a client at the animal hospital i worked at has a 7 year old maltese and his eye area was pure white so i asked her what she uses and she said that when she got him at age 4 his stains were so bad (he was very neglected and dirty and matted when she rescued him) that every product she used would do nothing for them. so she went to a store for small breeds (fancy specialty store cosmopawlitan) and they recomended eye envy cleaner so she bought some and said she wouldn't use anytnhing else and highly recomends it. i haven't tried it yet but when i tell someone about it they always see great results.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I was doing some research about Tear stains but I couldnt find anything on what normal tear stains should look like. I mean, Peanut has some tear stains but its not very defined or anything so I never found it a problem. Do you guys think that even though its not that defined I should clean it anyway? Its not harmful or anything right?
xx-nathalie-xx, please keep us posted on the results because if it works for ur Chi I think i will purchase it too. :)

Thanks,
Yael

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
PeanutButter said:
I was doing some research about Tear stains but I couldnt find anything on what normal tear stains should look like. I mean, Peanut has some tear stains but its not very defined or anything so I never found it a problem. Do you guys think that even though its not that defined I should clean it anyway? Its not harmful or anything right?
xx-nathalie-xx, please keep us posted on the results because if it works for ur Chi I think i will purchase it too. :)

Thanks,
Yael
i would clean it with a warm damp cotton ball if i were you. i do that with chiwi, i think it would be more comfortable to ahve the eyes clean. if left long enough the tears could become crusty. check out the website, it has very helpful info on there.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Thanks for the tip. :lol: And for the link as well
Peanut's tear stains have yet to be crusty but I will start cleaning to prevent that!

Yael

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
ok i have recieved the eye-envy a few days ago .....

i think it works i'm not sure ...but it's no miracle product !

i think you can just clean it too ...when i used it she tears again so there's no improvement really noticable. and because it's not cheap i wouldn't highly recommend it.

unless it's for stains that are really old...i think it could remove that .

i noticed also that vienna has black spots on her skin in her face ..that you can see through her hairs..so it appears she's filthy :?

kisses nat

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
not really no :cry:

but maybe in case you have a chi that wasn't cared for properly ..and with bad stains .....it would make a big difference !
but vienna's tearing a bit constantly so if i clean her with normal water or the eye envy you don't see a difference .
it never goes away completely ...and a few hours afterwards you don't see she has been cleaned.

kisses nat

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
xx-nathalie-xx said:
not really no :cry:

but maybe in case you have a chi that wasn't cared for properly ..and with bad stains .....it would make a big difference !
but vienna's tearing a bit constantly so if i clean her with normal water or the eye envy you don't see a difference .
it never goes away completely ...and a few hours afterwards you don't see she has been cleaned.

kisses nat
ah i see. probably best for old stains like you said and the longer haired dogs like maltese and shih tzu. or if the chi's eyes aren't as teary, with consistent tears coming down....

·
Registered
506 Posts
i use this tear stain remover for vixen and it works great!

she is grey around her eyes and it looks horrible with big brown tear stains

it does take a while before it totally goes! maybe about 10 days of daily cleaning

i use it every day or so and it does work!

i dont bother with my beni though, he is brown so you can really tell.

·
Banned
5,733 Posts
jacob has got hayfever bad at mo his eyes are weeping bad but iv tried everything it just seems to worsen it so i gonna wait for it to clear more first

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
ok i posted yesterday how i would correct my product description :D

i am actually quite positive over the eye envy , it works great but you have to be patient . when you apply the product it doesn't come off immediately but in a few hours you will notice a difference , it needs some time to work

so positive : - it works very well

negative: - it's quite expensive ( but a small bottle lasts long )
- a bit of a hassle for the pup , cleaning with the lotion and then applying the powder (vienna's getting used to it though ) next to the eyes

anyway when this is empty i will probably order some more :D

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
I wash Gadgets face with a viva paper towel.. they are soft like cloth but thin like paper.. I tried with cotton balls and he hated it I tried with a cloth wash cloth and he hated it... so I stick tot he paper towels.. he loves to play wash my face mommy... it is a little game I came up with to make it fun to him instead of something he hates....

Then after I wash his face and eyes I wash his ears and then I wash the top of his head and then his paws... he loves getting all washed up...

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
I put a a post on this crystal eye four paws tear stain remover and it has pics with the difference. Its really good for the price it is about a little under 3 pounds.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts