Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hiya has anyone tried that angel eyes or anything like it and found out if it actually works? thinking of getting it for mt 2 poochies :)

·
Banned
6,248 Posts
I would like to know that too. Poor Briscoe has the worst tear stains ever. I thought of ordering the Angel Eyes, but it is a bit pricey. I don't mind ordering if it works.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah same here,i dont mind paying for it if it works,bells 7months old now and its getting really noticable now,i keep wiping her eyes to help it,its a bit easier with my shih tzu because i can snip her red bits away but i cant do that for bell

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
What are your pooches eating? A lot of the time tear stains can be cleared up with a diet change. I have heard several people that have used Angel Eyes say it does work. But it is only for temporary use (as it's a mild antibiotic) & the stains will come back unless the allergen that is causing the staining is eliminated from their diets.

Most allergies are caused from grains so I'd start with finding a good quality grain free food if they're not on one already. (Taste of the Wild is a decent one) Good luck!

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
I've used Angel's Eyes and yes, it does work. What I found works better though, by far, is a natural diet. My Bryco has a bright white face w/ no staining and has never used anything for staining, I just feed him a fresh raw diet. Oakley has a tendency toward extreme staining and hers was super bad as a puppy, I used it for her to clear it up, and changed her diet too, and we've been much better in her department as well :) I would only use Angel's Eyes for a 3 month period, max, and then give at least a 2-3 month break.

·
Registered
141 Posts
What are your pooches eating? A lot of the time tear stains can be cleared up with a diet change. I have heard several people that have used Angel Eyes say it does work. But it is only for temporary use (as it's a mild antibiotic) & the stains will come back unless the allergen that is causing the staining is eliminated from their diets.

Most allergies are caused from grains so I'd start with finding a good quality grain free food if they're not on one already. (Taste of the Wild is a decent one) Good luck!
Isabelle is fed Raw and still has really bad tear stains, but just on 1 eye. The staining started as we started raw but i think that will have just been a coincidence. Any ideas?

·
Registered
251 Posts
I changed my 3 to orijen dry a few months ago from arden grange and they have still got tear stains and harrison has stained back feet from licking himself,what could be the problem....any help

·
Registered
946 Posts
I just ordered a bottle per my vets suggestion last week. My 4 are on a raw diet and still have some tearing/staining (mostly the 1 year old female we adopted 1 month ago, the rest are minimal). Since all of ours are new pups and have just started the raw diet since coming into our family, I figure the angels eyes will help speed things along together with the better diet. :)

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
You can have your vets check for blocked tear ducts, inverted eyelashes...etc...sometimes those things will cause tear stains no matter what you feed!

The more often you dry her face off w/ tissues, the less the stains will be. If I see wet, I'm wiping!

Esp. since its only 1 eye I'd tend to think something was up??

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Yeah I'd think it was something with that eye/duct if it's only one. Very odd! We're using Happy Tails Eyemmunity & Eye Pads for Maxie at the moment to help with some staining he's got going on on his chest & armpits. It's not been long enough to really see a big difference. It's supposed to help with any bacteria they may have going on in their systems. I have been using the pads on Lulu's eyes though I don't know if her "stains" are that or her color. :eyeroll:

About the puppies...I think sometimes moms milk creates stains honestly. When Mari had pups her white boy had stains that went away relatively quickly after she stopped nursing him. He got to her milk a week later & they appeared again. I've seen photos of young light colored pups with bad staining. So that may be the reasoning for puppies & staining. :)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Thanks Kristi and Heather. I'll get the vet to take a look. Tear stains are so annoying!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks for your replies!
i feed them a grain free high quality dry food.they wont touch the raw lol
i also asked the vet about bell when i first got her because her eyes are constantly watering,they just said it was normal because of the way there bred now she was saying that alot of the chi's in crufts have it too,i think she was meaning the way they are bred to be smaller and because the size of the brain is still the same size it pushes the eyes out :/
ive managed to keep the staining down with drying them all the time.
im going to give the angel eyes a try
il let you all know how it goes :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts