Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone i hope everyone and there babies are well.I was wanting a a little advice..i changed my chi,s from arden grange food to orijen and they seem to have bad tear staining they used to have this before i put them on arden grange but it cleared up and now its back has anyone else had this problem...Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Sorry, can't help with the food causing tear stains, I didn't even know that could happen.
My Jadzia was getting really bad tear stains and I tried a lot of commercial products but what worked in the end was just filtering her water.
Our water is hard and must have some mineral that causes the problem, may be the food your feeding has some mineral has causes the stains.

Sorry, not much help.

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
I found changing lily's food to Burns mini bites helped her tear stains,but if it's windy and she's been out i notice her eyes water so i use a damp cotton wool pad.

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Orijen is an excellent food so I'm guessing there is an ingredient in the Orijen that they have an allergy to because tear staining can be due to that. I'd find the common ingredient in both Orijen & the food you were feeding before & the ingredient that was not in the arden grange. Then maybe you can find another premium food w/o that ingredient.

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
When I put mine on Orijen it cleared up Chibi's tear stains better than the last dog food.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone i will try what you have said.x

1 - 6 of 6 Posts