Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a marine tank and I spotted a teddy bear crab tonight. Iv named him rusty.

Ps we are in the processes of changing our tank to a smaller one so thats why its a bit iffy at the min. We moved the rock and then rusty came along. Lol

·
Administrator
5,713 Posts
He probably came in as an egg or hatchling on some coral. How lovely! A little Christmas surprise. I used to work in a shop that sold marine fish etc, they are amazing, but I had never seen or heard of a Teddy Bear crab.

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol how did he get there if you just noticed him?
ive thought of getting a small desktop marine tank as you can get the most amazing fish!
You should they are great! Its abit scary at first getting the hang of water testing but once you have done it a few times its easy. Like Stella said he prob came in as a egg or something. Snails grow on their own as do small star fish but they soon become pests haha.

He probably came in as an egg or hatchling on some coral. How lovely! A little Christmas surprise. I used to work in a shop that sold marine fish etc, they are amazing, but I had never seen or heard of a Teddy Bear crab.
Yes the marine life is amazing iv seen some really cool stuff, like brittle starfish, other types of crabs but by far rusty is my fav. Just got to try and get him out haha. I might just leave him in his rock and transfer that peice of rock to the new tank. As for the teddy bear crab iv never seen or heard of one before but hubby knew strait away what he was he looks so fluffy and his about the size of a 50p !!

Cool! We have had a few hitchhikers come in our rock. Very cute! Do you have corals etc?
Yes our tank was packed out but while we was at work the electric went out and because of the temp drop we lost all our sps :(
We now only have a few so thats why we thought that going smaller would be better. Our tank is 6ft by 4 ft lol its huge.

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
I have never seen one before,fascinating.

Loupey,i've just got a desktop one as i only have 2 fish left in my larger tank.It's great i'll post a pic

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We have a 66 gallon looking to go to a 100-150 gallow Our Aussie Elegances are huge. We have little SPS mostly LPS
Elegance corals here cost a bomb. We used to have one and i think it cost £80 and was tiny !! We have a hammer, brain, finger, a rock with green mushrooms, leather, bubble and a few more but i have forgot the names haha. Thats all we have left now :(

We used to have our whole tank packed with sps it looked awesome. The best one we had was a monti that was bigger than ninja it was green and purple and cost us a hell of a lot. We had it for a week then electric went out and they all bleached. Woukd love to see some snaps of your tank. Iv seen a few in another post but would like to see some more !! :)

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
You got a great deal !! £30 ? Thats a great price it looks very modern !! What fish have you got in or what fish are you planning on getting ?
It looks like a flat screen tv,i have a bottom feeder that was my mums who died so i took her fish and it's about 15 years old now,can't remember what the other one is but i don't think it has long to go,it's at the bottom and not moving much.I may get some neons as it won't take many fish

1 - 15 of 15 Posts