Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm in stitches here:D

I have Poppy who is the tiniest little thing you ever saw - she is a microscopic, tiny, tiny little thing, I haven't weighed her in about a year when she was about 3lbs 6oz and thought she was still that- WELL - I just weighed her for one of Elaina's outfits and she is 4lbs 11oz - wow- she's almost 3 years old and has obviously settled on her adult weight.

I just can't imagine an adult chi smaller than her - but there's plenty on here!

Bruno who is also a little chap is 5 lbs 6oz again I thought he was the top end of 4lb.

Both have fine svelte figures - which their long coats can hide but when I bath them you can see their shapes.

Just thought I'd share :) and be amazed that they are not as small as I thought, but Poppy will always remain a teeny weeny tiny chi in my eyes !!:D

·
Registered
725 Posts
Actually you dogs are about average I have my TC and he is 4.5 lb and Charlie is 1/2 his he weighs 1kg which is. 2.2 lbs they are both very small.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
My friends chihuahua (2 years old) only weighs about 900 gramms (1.98 lbs) (he is a rescue). I have never seen such a tiny dog before! I was really shocked and actually can't believe that there are seriously ppl out there you are purposely looking for such a tiny Chihuahua. You have to be sooo careful as well and always watch out whenever or whatever you do.

·
Registered
622 Posts
When I first got Percy he was charting at just under 6lbs. Now at 4 months he is almost 8lbs! He isn't overweight either, he just apparently had a few major growth spurts. I still consider him tiny though! Maybe not for a chihuahua, but for a dog.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Jane I am a sucker for the tiniest ones! They are just so adorable! But they are fragile too. I need a sturdier boy that can go on long walks and hang out with us that I don't have to be so careful with. But they are darling, the tiny little ones! Brody is a shade over 5 pounds and I can't even imagine a chi half his size and there are several here on the board! I would be scared to death! :)

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
My littlest seem so tiny to us, full grown, at 3.3 pounds. As Tracy said, my little is big compared to many other full grown ones here!

Our biggest is 4 pounds and by comparison, she seems so much bigger yet when I have her out alone everyone always says she is so tiny.

Guess it is relative as all Chis really are small dogs!

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
I weighed my "Big Girl" and she's a whopping 7.5lbs which is way too big & heavy for my tastes.

Then there's my "Wee Girl", she's just under 1kg, so just 2lbs - she's the gutsiest of them all, can jump the highest and furtherest, stops at nothing and afraid of no-one, beats anyone up for a bone and wrestles all of them to their backs (although I think they may make allowances for her and actually let her lol).

I really hope she stays <3lbs, her personality would change to be a completely different dog if she was bigger, and I'd have to stop calling her "a Little Toad" or "a Little Weazel" Oh, & she's the ONLY one who's never got underfoot too.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Yeah I love the little ones but they do require a bit more care well mine does. Zoe my big gal is around 10lbs but Holly is only 2lbs she varies sometimes she goes in and is under. She does have health issues so I assume that is why she is so tiny.

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
Zoey weighed 4lbs for a long time then we brought Chloe home and Zoey had to eat the puppy food so she gained some weight. We have Chloe on reg Orijen now so Zoey's weight is going back down. I have no idea what Chloe weighs, I would guess around 2.5lbs.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Kerri weighs 5.8 lbs and she is absolutely the smallest dog I could imagine having! She is nice and sturdy with long legs and is very athletic. I just can't imagine what I would do with a 2lb dog!

I have to say though- every time I meet a tiny little chi I just want to hug it and hold it and take it home! I don't know what I would do with it once I got it home, but still they are so cute.

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My friends chihuahua (2 years old) only weighs about 900 gramms (1.98 lbs) (he is a rescue).
That is Tiny!! that is what weight Poppy was when we got her :)

When I first got Percy he was charting at just under 6lbs. Now at 4 months he is almost 8lbs! He isn't overweight either, he just apparently had a few major growth spurts. I still consider him tiny though! Maybe not for a chihuahua, but for a dog.
8lbs is still a seriously tiny dog, Biggles is 14lbs and anyone who sees him says he's a tiddler!!

Jane I am a sucker for the tiniest ones! They are just so adorable! But they are fragile too. I need a sturdier boy that can go on long walks and hang out with us that I don't have to be so careful with. But they are darling, the tiny little ones! Brody is a shade over 5 pounds and I can't even imagine a chi half his size and there are several here on the board! I would be scared to death! :)
I know, I'm kind of glad actually that Poppy is even bigger than I thought because shes my Kamikaze (sp?) dog, somehow I feel she's a little sturdier than I gave her credit for :)

My littlest seem so tiny to us, full grown, at 3.3 pounds. As Tracy said, my little is big compared to many other full grown ones here!

Our biggest is 4 pounds and by comparison, she seems so much bigger yet when I have her out alone everyone always says she is so tiny.

Guess it is relative as all Chis really are small dogs!
Exactly - it is relative, it's amazing how tiny they can be - wow that is a small crew you have there:)

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Then there's my "Wee Girl", she's just under 1kg, so just 2lbs - she's the gutsiest of them all, can jump the highest and furtherest, stops at nothing and afraid of no-one, beats anyone up for a bone and wrestles all of them to their backs (although I think they may make allowances for her and actually let her lol).

I really hope she stays <3lbs, her personality would change to be a completely different dog if she was bigger, and I'd have to stop calling her "a Little Toad" or "a Little Weazel" Oh, & she's the ONLY one who's never got underfoot too.
Lol you are describing Poppy there, she's the tiniest and fiercest of my gang!! she was under 3lbs the first year and then I only weighed her occassionally the 2nd year so presumed she'd stayed around her 18 month/2 year weight - kinda glad though now that she's a little sturdier than I thought - she will always be a little one in my eyes anyway so I'll still call her all the tiny/baby names!!

Yeah I love the little ones but they do require a bit more care well mine does. Zoe my big gal is around 10lbs but Holly is only 2lbs she varies sometimes she goes in and is under. She does have health issues so I assume that is why she is so tiny.
Yes sadly, some of the really tiny ones do have health issues, they really do need special homes to care for them - I get so angry when I see the tinys being sold as fashion accessories, teenagers or vain women who just want them as a little trophys and probably aren't willing to spend the time and love required on them.

Zoey weighed 4lbs for a long time then we brought Chloe home and Zoey had to eat the puppy food so she gained some weight. We have Chloe on reg Orijen now so Zoey's weight is going back down. I have no idea what Chloe weighs, I would guess around 2.5lbs.
Haha - its amazing how they love their food when there's competition, you should see Poppy not bothering to eat until one of the others looks at bowl and then consuming the lot whilst snarling at the same time :)

Kerri weighs 5.8 lbs and she is absolutely the smallest dog I could imagine having! She is nice and sturdy with long legs and is very athletic. I just can't imagine what I would do with a 2lb dog!

I have to say though- every time I meet a tiny little chi I just want to hug it and hold it and take it home! I don't know what I would do with it once I got it home, but still they are so cute.
She's the same weight as Bruno, and he is micro!!

I think that is what amazes me, that even after 3 years of owning chis - I am still in awe of how tiny they are - it's quite incredible really that a fully functioning dog can come in such a tiny, tiny package :)

The other thing too I have to say is that I actually don't give a fiddler's hoot what weight they are.... I do like that they are small dogs but the precise weight isn't important, what matters most is their personalities, how they interact with us and with each other, that is what makes them fun to own. It really doesn't matter what weight they are, what colour they are or whether they are 100% standard or not, they could have crossed eyes and be purple - it's their own little personalities that each of them have which is the most adorable thing about each of them.

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
It's all relative..LOL.. Back in the 70's I had a silky terrier that I thought was very small at 12 lbs. Then in the early 90's my neighbor got a yorkie who was 7 lbs, I thought he was the smallest dog I ever saw!

Now, I have Mona Lisa who is 9 months and weighs 2.6 lbs, but her legs are so long she actually looks larger than Ava who is 3 1/2 lbs.

So, of course my friend, Elaine, has a chi who is 9 months old and weighs maybe 2 lbs. ....now SHE is the smallest dog I've ever seen. ...and she has the shorter legs and cobby body. And her coat is amazing!! It's a double full thick chocolate. So thick, it makes her look chubby. :p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts