Chihuahua People Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Let us know how it goes. I'm sure Jax will be anxious to be home! He may be given antibiotics---some vets do, and others do not. He may be unlike himself for several hours. Some dogs 'talk'/sing' while dealing with anesthesia, others just sleep it off. I'm sure your vet will give you directions as for giving water and food. Just take it easy and tomorrow Jax will be just fine.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Let us know how it goes. I'm sure Jax will be anxious to be home! He may be given antibiotics---some vets do, and others do not. He may be unlike himself for several hours. Some dogs 'talk'/sing' while dealing with anesthesia, others just sleep it off. I'm sure your vet will give you directions as for giving water and food. Just take it easy and tomorrow Jax will be just fine.

So,happy so say my Jax came through his cleaning with no teeth needing to be pulled.. he did have a few hours of after effects of the anesthesia, the best part total cost 250.00..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
112 Posts
So,happy so say my Jax came through his cleaning with no teeth needing to be pulled.. he did have a few hours of after effects of the anesthesia, the best part total cost 250.00..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AWESOME NEWS!!!! Hugs to Jax and his humans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
Piper cannot tolerate anesthesia. She's well under 3 lb. The cost to have her done by a specialty dentist with a cardiologist standing by was over $3K. We moved and my new (country) vet understands and gave her antibiotics for her teeth and it did her a lot of good. We LOVE our chis, but that was just too much money. Our other 2, at 4 lb. and 5 1/2 have no trouble with anesthesia. I give their weights because it could be the small size that has some bearing. Mickey just had his done (by the country vet) and no issues at all. Surprised me how alert he was right after, too. I was worried about stress, too, so they let me stay with him in the waiting room and then took him right into surgery instead of putting him in a cage with other dogs so close by. I took a packed lunch and a really good book and waited there so he wouldn't have any unnecessary stress. It took some convincing, but once the vet's office understood that I really would wait patiently for several hours they were ok with it. Also, less stress for me. Hope this helps and best wishes.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Piper cannot tolerate anesthesia. She's well under 3 lb. The cost to have her done by a specialty dentist with a cardiologist standing by was over $3K. We moved and my new (country) vet understands and gave her antibiotics for her teeth and it did her a lot of good. We LOVE our chis, but that was just too much money. Our other 2, at 4 lb. and 5 1/2 have no trouble with anesthesia. I give their weights because it could be the small size that has some bearing. Mickey just had his done (by the country vet) and no issues at all. Surprised me how alert he was right after, too. I was worried about stress, too, so they let me stay with him in the waiting room and then took him right into surgery instead of putting him in a cage with other dogs so close by. I took a packed lunch and a really good book and waited there so he wouldn't have any unnecessary stress. It took some convincing, but once the vet's office understood that I really would wait patiently for several hours they were ok with it. Also, less stress for me. Hope this helps and best wishes.
I've heard of vets of giving pets antibiotics if they couldn't afford it or if the surgery was too risky. I'm glad that worked.
How old is piper?

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
Glad that's over and Jax is well. Nice price, too.
Piper is believed to be about 4 years old.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts