Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm suspecting that Daisy has some wiggly teeth as I've noticed on her chew bones there is some blood on them. She seems to be fine, but then she does get a bit uncomfortable in the evening for some reason. She never used to whine when we put her to bed at night, and now for the 4th night in a row she has been whining and moving her bed close to the door. It's so strange. If it in fact has something to do with her teeth, is there anything I can do for her to help soothe the discomfort? Thank you for reading!

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
they should make doggy numbing stuff like they do for our kids :(
There is a canvas bone called a chilly bone you freeze it and they can bite it-making the sore gums feel better.

Mine will be teething any day now :?

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
do you at what age they start teething? because i got daisy at 7 weeks of age, and now she is almost 6 months and this is the only time i've really noticed her having some problems with her teeth. i heard that they usually start teething at 4 months? hmm.

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
chidawl said:
do you at what age they start teething? because i got daisy at 7 weeks of age, and now she is almost 6 months and this is the only time i've really noticed her having some problems with her teeth. i heard that they usually start teething at 4 months? hmm.
Nothing is ever "perfect time wise" but they start at 5 mos.....can take longer depending on dog. My boy still has 1 baby tooth at 2yrs as he has no adult teeth to come up behind alot of his teeth, so he is kinda tooth-less more so than he should be :(

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Tucker began losing teeth rather quickly between 5 and 6 months of age. All but 2 baby teeth came out on thier own, so those 2 were pulled by the vet when Tucker was 10 months old and was having knee surgery.

·
Registered
889 Posts
you can wet a sock down, tie it in a knot, and throw it in the freezer for a few hours. then let daisy chew on it. you'll see some blood on there if she's got loose teeth-- but it'll feel good on her gums! :wave:

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
colleen13 said:
you can wet a sock down, tie it in a knot, and throw it in the freezer for a few hours. then let daisy chew on it. you'll see some blood on there if she's got loose teeth-- but it'll feel good on her gums! :wave:
Thats a great idea....Poppy has had blood on her toys these last few days too and I see she has some missing teeth..Iwill try your tip, thanks! :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts